Building a rare one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow is literally balls deep here!

Here to.

I dropped a couple 20" poplars yesterday and literally had to shovel them out to see the trunks. Snow is a good 36" here.

I love the work out and in 2 or 3 weeks it will be way too wet to skid logs out so figured I'd grab some last minute firewood.

Here to.

I dropped a couple 20" poplars yesterday and literally had to shovel them out to see the trunks. Snow is a good 36" here.

I love the work out and in 2 or 3 weeks it will be way too wet to skid logs out so figured I'd grab some last minute firewood.
Burning poplar for firewood is a real work out too! You pretty well need one man carrying wood and 2 men carry away ashes!

Burning poplar for firewood is a real work out too! You pretty well need one man carrying wood and 2 men carry away ashes!

Thats funny!

I wish there was better wood available around my parts but its almost all poplar or pine.

I burn a fair amount of pine which I find is very ashy also amd doesnt make a huge amount of heat, well it does but it burns so darn quickly..

Oh well my neighbor is letting me log his place 2 miles from me so its so convenient as I can fall, limb, buck and load it into my truck. I'm usually back with a load faster then i can even drive 1 way to a cutting site.

Back