Building the ultimate sleeper saw.... 46cc Craftsman into a ported 72cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty awesome job Ed! :clap: Musta got bored putting fangs on whitetails eh :hmm3grin2orange:

The finished powerhead weighs in at 11lbs 12oz.

IMG_8752.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

Here it is with a 20" 3/8 bar.

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg

whole new meaning to a frankensaw ,nice work ,cant wait to see it come to life

Looks like a hot thread! 29 viewers! Great work! Hope you feel better real soon!

Are you planning on replacing the muffler bolts with SHCScrews?

IMG_8741.jpg

Would swapping out the starter handle give it away, or doesn't it give any trouble with snatchback?

Looks like a hot thread! 29 viewers! Great work! Hope you feel better real soon!

Are you planning on replacing the muffler bolts with SHCScrews?

I'm just going to stick with the ones I put on it already.

IMG_8741.jpg

Would swapping out the starter handle give it away, or doesn't it give any trouble with snatchback?

It would probably help. lol
The original is the smallest I've ever seen. You have to concentrate when starting it. lol

But are Ya gonna sell T-shirts ?

I think MasterMind may have the copyright on the ported ones.

Amazing build!

I wouldn't bother with SHCs on the muffler, but I would add some lock washers.

bet that little dude will pull a 28 inch bar real nice ,if the oiler will keep up

There is still considerably more I can do to the saw... advance ignition timing, increase the compression, full circle crank, I can go larger with the ports... etc.
I want to put many hours on it cutting wood, before I push the envelope anymore.

Right now I'd like to figure out the carb thing. Anybody know of a direct bolt on that would work?

bet that little dude will pull a 28 inch bar real nice ,if the oiler will keep up

When they work, they do OK. And somebody seeing a 28"er would know something was up.

They sell the almost same size saw, I suspect with strato or whatever now, with 20" and 3/8's on it new. And it does OK.

I don't think its keeping up with Ed, though.

I would so buy this... How much you reckon the shipping would cost to Argentina? :msp_w00t:

all it needs now is some mini dual dogs off an 026/036 :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back