Bundled Firewood Production Facility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farwindsfarm

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Looking for a starting point.

I recently inquired about buying a bundled firewood business. This was a big operation in a 25,000 SF building. Fully automated with multiple kilns etc.

The deal wasn't able to close but I now have the bug.....this looks to be a very profitable business with room for new players to enter......and I'm wanting to get in.

I'm well capitalized and own a 22 Acre former lumber mill that would be perfect for this type of operation. I have a 20,000 SF building ready to be erected on the site. My area is full of loggers looking for a place to sell their scrap/pulp logs.

I'm looking for industry experts to help design an efficient plant as well as some direction on how to meet some brokers who could move my product. The operation I envision would be producing 600,000 up to 1,000,000 bundles per year.

I envision producing pressed sawdust into fire logs at a later date and incorporating some other products.

Feel free to email me a [email protected]

If I was looking to get into spending that kind of money I sure wouldn't be inventing a new wheel. I would spend as much time as I could on European sites looking at the way they do things and the equipment they use. In Canada and the US we seem to be fixated on big wood, big equipment and big horsepower. In my opinion Europe is ahead of us on the fuel thing. They do smaller wood and electrical for most things. You are inside a building so I would use electric everything. You are doing bundles so smaller splits are used anyway. I would want a splitter that makes very uniform splits so that they load and stack easily. To make money most of the process would have to be automated. Filling bags right off the splitter before they get mixed up on a conveyor. The processors that use a horizontal style splitting wedge have the splits lined up as they leave the chute and go right into a campfire bag or shrink wrapper some are even heat shrunk plastic. This machine is interesting too. Too much labour but interesting.

Back