Business Management App?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In case you don't want to reply, would you use an app like this?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

treewizard14

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am an arborist that has been running a tree service for around 5 years. With 12 employees, 2 utility contracts, and a residential crew, I spend a ton of time in the office doing menial tasks like job reports, safety logs, payroll, everything. So I have an idea to make an app that I'd like to know your thoughts on.
We use several apps, most of which cost money monthly, to track information. We have a GPS time sheet app, a group messaging app, Quickbooks, receipt scanners, so much, all in different places.
The app I want to create will include:
GPS based time tracking and time off requests (with scanning for doctors notes)
Group messaging and scheduling
Expense tracking with receipts
Sharing documents (like employee handbooks)
Equipment information (such as maintenance records, filter numbers, receipts for previous work, to-do lists)
Reports (from the basics like payroll, to estimates of how much labor went into a job based on location information)
All of this at a very low cost, something like $20 a month and $5 per user.
Do you currently use an app like this? If so what do you like or dislike? Would you consider an app like this for your company?

Phase 2 of the project would be some really awesome stuff. Like integrating some artificial intelligence tools. Imagine seeing "Unusual Activity: John Smith clocked off outside of the allowed area." with the option to approve or deny. Or maybe "Unusual Activity: Mary Jones spent $21 at AB's Supply Store". Also I want to integrate training, toolbox talks employees are required to sign weekly, training quizzes, job safety briefings, all in one place.

Well, it is a great idea and i think lots of tree care businesses need it. However, we are already using ArboStar that has all of these features and more.

Back