Business Partner acting suspicious? Or am I paranoid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSawsAlot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently i formed a business with my friend. He is the climber, i am the ground guy. I own all the trucks. My partner doesnt own a car.

Everything's been smooth up untill i cut my leg pretty deep with a saw and was out for two weeks. I was unable to drive or work. My partner took over the estimating as i let him borrow my truck. He also did a few small bush trims he could do himself. We previously contracted that during an injury we still each get our normal pay unless the injured person is out for more than 5 weeks.

During my time at home this happens..

On one 200 dollar job he accidentally lost 100 dollars on the way home.

We had a huge increase in quotes over the time i was injured, which explained for the many miles that was driven on my truck. But we only sold three jobs in the 2 weeks. He also forgot to write in the book all of these incoming calls and estimates he did because he was too busy.

What do u guys think and what would you do?

Get a new partner. He sounds like someone who can handle a saw but cannot handle the organizational side of things. If things actually worked out the way you say they did your partner just cost you a lot of jobs.

Thanks for your replies.

We are an established busniess, i just chose to use my pay to buy the trucks chippers saws trailers and everything else so that i dont have to buy him out in the case of a major fallout.

I think i will delegate myself to the organization of the paper and phonework from hearon out

Honestly, some people are just not cut out for paperwork. He sounds like a good employee as no matter how skilled he will get he can't handle going out on his own so no need to worry about creating competition.

Latest posts

Back