Buying a EFCO 952

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh B

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A coworker of mine has a EFCO 952 that he is wanting to sell. I can get it for $50. How hard is it to get parts for these saws? I've looked through the forums and google and it doesn't seem easy to find info or parts for these saws. Is there any must do Mods for these saws or easy Mods? The coworker says he has put a new cylinder In the saw due to issues he had.

From what I've found there are different names for this model? Is a 952 the same as the 152? If so does all the parts interchange?

Thanks in advance for any information.Efco 952.jpg Efco Handle.jpg

This is the place I have found that deals in Efco parts on line. Baileys did a number of years ago. I do not have that model but see you can pull up the parts sheets here and see what part numbers are the same. You can also do a dealer look up on the Efco website though probably should call and verify they had listings for places that dropped the brand a few years ago.
https://www.lawnmowerpros.com/efco/efco-illustrated-parts-diagrams.asp

What “issues” did he have with the saw? Did he properly and fully address them (eg had an air leak, swapped cylinders but didn’t cure the leak)?

$50 is a decent price. They are OK 50cc saws. Open up the muffler a bit, run a sharp chain, and you’ll be fine.

These were sold as JDeere for some years, in green. Might still be able to get parts from Jd dealerships.

What “issues” did he have with the saw? Did he properly and fully address them (eg had an air leak, swapped cylinders but didn’t cure the leak)?

$50 is a decent price. They are OK 50cc saws. Open up the muffler a bit, run a sharp chain, and you’ll be fine.

These were sold as JDeere for some years, in green. Might still be able to get parts from Jd dealerships.

As far as I know he said something snapped inside the saw. I'm assuming he replaced the crank and pulley and honed the cylinder.

What the best way to open the muffler up a bit? Making vents or holes in the front of the muffler?

There is an efco dealer on my way home from work. I could put you in touch with them if you'd like.

There is one dealer near me but I do not think he actually does much with them any more. Where are you located? It would be nice to have a source for parts should anything break.

I know this is an old thread but I've got to say, I've been in the tree business a long time and own probably 40+ saws but have only ever owned one Efco and it is the 952. Not my favorite in it's class but by golly it's the one that will crank. Hands down the most reliable saw I've owned in 40 years of running saws. Only thing it's ever needed was a primer bulb. Well truth be told I have a Dolmar 115i I bought in 1987 that has never let me down as well, and i do like it better. Both super dependable 50cc class saws

Back