Buying a house with a large tree in front

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olenpov

Reaction score
Hi there. We in the process of buying a house in the UK, and it has a tall tree on the neighbors driveway about 8 meters in height (it's probably some kind of a pine tree), which is about 5-6 meters from our house. Is this something to worry about? Here are some photos showing it as well as the driveway which may be affected

IMG_2244.JPGIMG_2243.JPGIMG_2244.JPGIMG_2247.JPG

Hi there. We in the process of buying a house in the UK, and it has a tall tree on the neighbors driveway about 8 meters in height (it's probably some kind of a pine tree), which is about 5-6 meters from our house. Is this something to worry about? Here are some photos showing it as well as the driveway which may be affected

View attachment 902217View attachment 902218View attachment 902219View attachment 902220
Yes, at some point in the next 30 years you may have some pavers lift from encroaching roots... I would me much more concerned about what was behind the fur coats in the wardrobe they left in the back bedroom... Love the architecture, what a beautiful home... cheers, Jeff

Yes, at some point in the next 30 years you may have some pavers lift from encroaching roots... I would me much more concerned about what was behind the fur coats in the wardrobe they left in the back bedroom... Love the architecture, what a beautiful home... cheers, Jeff
Thanks, Jeff! Very helpful. And also, the grass out the back is quite long so we'll keep an eye out for stray lions! :)

Back