Buying a new 661 660 or 066 advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiopride

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello first post here to arborist site and I'm in need of some advice .I'm looking to buy a new sthil 661 but I also have the option to buy new in the box 660 or 066 wanting advice on which is the better saw I've heard of problems with the new m tronic on the 661 also available are new 044 046 any adevice is greatly appreciated thank u

Where can you guy a new 044/046/066 ?

In stock form a 661 is a measurably stronger saw and a majority seem to be trouble free..theres a few bad eggs with every model.

But you cant beat the reliability and durability of a 660.

Hello thanks for the response and there is a little hole in the wall Amish stihl dealer that has been around for years has quite a few old models new in the box

Hello thanks for the response and there is a little hole in the wall Amish stihl dealer that has been around for years has quite a few old models new in the box
All of them, my advice is buy all of them lol. I'd be tickled pink with any of those big saws. Good luck with em boss

Back