Buying new stihl ms462 Best oil to use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I’m going to purchase a brand new stihl ms462 this coming week and was wanting input for best 2 cycle oil to use at 50:1. I have motul 800 2t off road and Amsoil Saber professional sitting at my house. Recommendations??

So I’m going to purchase a brand new stihl ms462 this coming week and was wanting input for best 2 cycle oil to use at 50:1. I have motul 800 2t off road and Amsoil Saber professional sitting at my house. Recommendations??
I'm running the stihl ultra @around 45:1 in my 462. Just started running non-ethanol fuel as it just became available close by. It will take a few tanks for the saw to wake up. Sorry can't comment on the oil you have but i have seen it mentioned before here.

out of the 2 you have ,amsoil !

Get one of these. Makes getting the ratio of oil and gas simple.

Ratio_rite__35646.1353077449.jpg

50:1 is the Stihl recommendation and 40:1 is the AS recommendation :innocent: so I split the difference.:laugh: Here is a calculator I use. It comes to about .90 gal. of gas for the 1 gallon bottle of the stihl mix.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

I do the same thing, split the difference figuring if the gas pump is ever off a bit I won’t go too lean on the oil. I mix 1 Stihl Ultra 2.5 gal mix and pump 2.3 gallons of highest octane fuel I can buy. Fortunately do not have to worry about ethanol as it is not sold here in Alaska.

Depends if you want the world to be good for your grand grand children or if you want the least fatigue on your bar and chain :hi:

Back