Calamity Macho Sufferage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomoco

Tree Freak
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So hot summer live pine removal, multi multi main leaders all over an automatic gate mechanism.

Not huge, 65-70 footer. Multi refuel on the 200, so I leave saddle n saw, above the wall n gate mech at six feet up, disrobe, and March down the trunk on gaffs alone to the ground. Unclip my saw n fuel n blow out the air filter.

Clip it back on, but gaffin back up, kicked out on one foot, reached around one of the leaders in a panic move not being tied in yet, felt a sharp pain in my left wrist, but ignored it until both gaffs were set, at four fuggin feet off the ground.

Looked at my wrist, gushing dark blood from a deep puncture wound almost an inch long, and very deep.

It was a two bandanna wound to keep from dripping blood on the groundies!

It was a shortcut convenience that bit deep!

But hot summer days have a way of fuggin with yu!

First my 200's muffler rattles off in an irreparable way.

But no worries, I'm a pro with a backup 020T AVE ready to go!

It was on the third ascent on gaffs alone that I kicked out, reached around pierced my wrist somethin fierce on a ragged deadwood stub, unseen, but keenly felt?

I hate wearing gloves period.

But I may go half glove!

Jomoco

What cut your hand?

(Yes I read the post, but it's not very clear to me. Fueling a saw and climbing naked 4 ft in the air on an automatic gate?)

Providone-Iodine solution 10% multiple times per day and just before bed time. Leave open to the air as much as possible.

Ugly wound!
Nascent iodine from global healing centre is reasonable cost and very good too, heals cuts very fast, you can get the same stuff, relabelled but cheaper from Alex jones/infowarslife. A spray on magnesium oil can be very effective too, depending on your pain threshold

It's as good an excuse as any to take a week off!

Spoiled rotten I'm tellin yu!

A course of amoxicillin cuz I'm such an old pussycat!

Jomoco
Have you had a tetanus shot recently?
If not, better get one ASAP.
"See your doctor for a tetanus booster shot if you have a deep or dirty wound and you haven't had a booster shot in five years. If you aren't sure of when your last booster was, get a booster.
Or see your doctor about a tetanus booster for any wound — especially if it might have been contaminated with dirt, animal feces or manure — if you haven't had a booster shot within the past 10 years or aren't sure of when you were last vaccinated."
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tetanus/symptoms-causes/dxc-20200458

Back