• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Calling all Poulan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CWRustic

15221141139171165173360.jpg Just picked up a 306a today, just testing the waters, great shape, barely even scratched up, the starter cover debris guard is busted out, but I intend to replace it before I decide what to do with the little beast. This thing runs fantastic, and cleaned up great! IMG_20180326_134804734.jpg IMG_20180326_134814256.jpg IMG_20180326_134823133.jpg Shoot me some offers, I may entertain, if I get a chance to cut some firewood, I may not want to sell!

I don't know, I have, I believe somewhere around thirty saws. Might not be up to me, the wife might decide I don't need another saw.

However you want to say it. I have owned over 30 of these saws and let me tell ya until that bar is buried for a full tank I would never try to sell one on here as a good runner...just sayin
Maybe, but after clean-up, full disassembly (piston and cylinder), reassembly, it fires and idles stone cold one pull. With close to thirty saws in my current collection, 2/3's of which are runners, I'd never believe it without seeing it myself. Never had any saw that would do that. What's funny is I'm not a fan of Poulan, never have been.

hope to see a follow up on the saw if you have chance to do some cutting,
Fired stone cold first pull, died, fired and idled second pull. Recoil is a little sticky but I'm going to be in there anyway when the new cover shows up. Just finished a tank of fuel, ZERO issues.

We've all heard that before, just got another two weeks ago. Just say it's special or something along that line.

Steve
Yea that doesn't work, my wife isn't just an antique nut herself that knows how to use the internet for research, she also works for a forestry company. Telling lies about chainsaws doesn't work. On top of that, I'm just not a Poulan fan, never have been, never will be, can't be convinced. And I'm flat out of room for organizing. Any new additions just get thrown in a pile and I hate that

I don't know. There's only one complete runner on eBay at the moment, around $179 starting bid absolutely nobody paying any attention to it. It's not as nice as mine. I've bought and sold lots of Stihl's, Mac's and Homelites I know what they typically sell for model to model, but I have zero frame of reference for Poulan's

Well seeing how everyone wants to talk about it and not make offers, I'll consider my assumption that Poulan never was anything but junk and hype proved, shove it to the back of the pile and forget about it

Well seeing how everyone wants to talk about it and not make offers, I'll consider my assumption that Poulan never was anything but junk and hype proved, shove it to the back of the pile and forget about it
Yeah nothing but junk send it my way..

Never have understood the something for nothing attitude, I work hard for my money and have no problem paying for what I want. I have a business running a sawmill and build custom furniture, and sell custom rough cut beams, and I deal with the I don't have the skills to do it myself, but I still want it and don't want to pay for it mentality on a daily basis. I'd sooner grind the saw up for scrap than give it to someone who asked for it. I'd happily give it to a friend in a bad way that needed a heating saw. Cheapskates that want something for nothing irritate me.

Don't take my comments the wrong way and please understand that you are selling a saw that is a solid 40 +years old and that you have never put it in the wood. That was my only point...if it is in good running condition and you want to put it to the test go a head and throw a 20" bar on it buried and time it then do the same with a Mac 10 10 or a sxl and you will see for yourself where the candle sits. I bet it will be sitting there Green!

Back