• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Calling all Poulan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never have understood the something for nothing attitude, I work hard for my money and have no problem paying for what I want. I have a business running a sawmill and build custom furniture, and sell custom rough cut beams, and I deal with the I don't have the skills to do it myself, but I still want it and don't want to pay for it mentality on a daily basis. I'd sooner grind the saw up for scrap than give it to someone who asked for it. I'd happily give it to a friend in a bad way that needed a heating saw. Cheapskates that want something for nothing irritate me.
Well seeing how everyone wants to talk about it and not make offers, I'll consider my assumption that Poulan never was anything but junk and hype proved, shove it to the back of the pile and forget about it
take a chill pill dude. you've been here like 20 days. your first post said entertaining offers. apparently offers didn't meet your expectations and now the word cheapskates pops up. your not the only one here that works hard for their money. in case you haven't noticed there are more than a couple of people on this site that know a little about chainsaws. BTW that is a very good looking saw.

Whoever buys this saw, I have some NOS parts for it for sale, like handle bar , muffler, recoil cover etc

No this is not a for sale ad, just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't take my comments the wrong way and please understand that you are selling a saw that is a solid 40 +years old and that you have never put it in the wood. That was my only point...if it is in good running condition and you want to put it to the test go a head and throw a 20" bar on it buried and time it then do the same with a Mac 10 10 or a sxl and you will see for yourself where the candle sits. I bet it will be sitting there Green!
I wasn't bent out of shape over your comments and I have put a couple tanks of fuel through it, runs fine. The bar on the 360 is a 20in my 10-10 has a 24 so does my xl 12, my 038 super has a 25, my sxl925 has a thirty incher. All with the exception of the 925 are similar sized and have considerably more wear. Even though the poulan is better mannered and easier starting, I'd take any of the other four over it.

take a chill pill dude. you've been here like 20 days. your first post said entertaining offers. apparently offers didn't meet your expectations and now the word cheapskates pops up. your not the only one here that works hard for their money. in case you haven't noticed there are more than a couple of people on this site that know a little about chainsaws. BTW that is a very good looking saw.
Didn't get a single offer, but got twenty posts telling me how to sell it, or why not to sell it. This site is worse than Facebook craigslist and eBay rolled into one. I expect that on an opinion forum, that's why I posted on a trading forum

Those twenty posts were good advise, sell it on EBay auction still, that will show you truly what the saw is worth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't take my comments the wrong way and please understand that you are selling a saw that is a solid 40 +years old and that you have never put it in the wood. That was my only point...if it is in good running condition and you want to put it to the test go a head and throw a 20" bar on it buried and time it then do the same with a Mac 10 10 or a sxl and you will see for yourself where the candle sits. I bet it will be sitting there Green!
We flip each other the goo-ee stuff all the time. I'm surprised that I'm not kicked off the site every time I log on. The point is, nobody is immune to having someone either disagree, or take offence to something penned. And this is not the politically correct web site.. As with the criticisms I get, I read the advise, though some is physically impossible, and I either take it or leave it.. Am always trying to upgrade my social standards, and piss less people of today than I pissed off yesterday.

ebay brings twice the amount what a saw is really worth IMHO.

Around here 75 seems the norm for a runner.
This is really weird. A friend of a neighbor came over to rent/borrow a saw. Seems his pro gave up the ghost. Only machine I had ready was a Wild Thing and that's what's on the previous page.. Twilight moment

I wasn't bent out of shape over your comments and I have put a couple tanks of fuel through it, runs fine. The bar on the 360 is a 20in my 10-10 has a 24 so does my xl 12, my 038 super has a 25, my sxl925 has a thirty incher. All with the exception of the 925 are similar sized and have considerably more wear. Even though the poulan is better mannered and easier starting, I'd take any of the other four over it.

Ok...

There is a NOS 306a on eBay right now. At about 400$ 35 bids 3 days left. Then again it's NOS and has a bow.

Back