• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Can a belt lanyard be renewed?

billyboy

billyboy

ArboristSite Member
I recently bought a leather pole climbing belt with lanyard. The lanyard is a synthetic material that is sort of an army green, brownish color. The lanyard was so stiff it cracked when I tried to unbuckle it. Just curious if there is a way to renew or restore it. This one was thrown in the trash fire and I put rope on the end clips.

billyboy

billyboy

ArboristSite Member
Yes, it was trash. Just curious if there is a method to soften this stuff up and keep it supple so to speak. They still use it on new climb belts. I would think they could come up with better material by now.

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
buy or build a new flip line with 1/2" 16 strand climbing rope, some double/triple action locking snaps/carabiners, a micro pulley, and a prussic of your choice.

Belts are a PITA IMO.

billyboy

billyboy

ArboristSite Member
I surely wouldn’t want a belt in a tree. Got a box of rope from CNC pro with some very nice lengths and made a couple adjustable lanyards.