Can anyone specify this tree??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemaker1111

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I felled this baby and am cutting it into logs for firewood. As I'm stacking them to season the wood I'm curious what kind of wood it is...it smelled delightful when I was sawing through it.❤

Attachments

• 0209201354.jpg
    0209201354.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
Iam sorry I wasn't aware how much goes into identifying a tree lol I will take pics of the inside grain and long part grain when I split them. When my hatchet was biting into the wood the bark and outer layers wanted to skin/ peel at first then as I chopped deeper wood chips flew out. I'm in delaware if this helps..

I felled this baby and am cutting it into logs for firewood. As I'm stacking them to season the wood I'm curious what kind of wood it is...it smelled delightful when I was sawing through it.❤

looks one something of the genus pinus to me and you may not like it for firewood

looks one something of the genus pinus to me and you may not like it for firewood
It would make sense the woods it's in there are mostly pine but the bark is different..the very lively pine with the needles still on have that big wood chip bark that you can rip off this bark wasn't like that unless it's a different type of pine

better or more pictures would help a lot. When I looked on my phone I thought maybe, might could be a white oak but don't think so when I looked on computer screen. There are White oak in the background (your backpack is hanging on one). There is another pine to the left of the tree in the background. There are holly seedlings in the picture too... Given the other trees, there are a lot of trees that could be there. I still think pine. There are many, many different kinds of pine.

Here's a couple logs. Not sure about the hole in the end grain I think it's the boring beetle and the white light fungus on the side I'm not sure is harmful. These logs felt more light and hollow then the first 2 bottom logs I hauled out but still heavy.

I'm working on fixing up an old axe atm then I'll be splitting all these I can't wait I'd just like to know what species of tree I'm thinking the bull pine so far not sure

Attachments

• 0223202209.jpg
    0223202209.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 0223202209a.jpg
    0223202209a.jpg
  • 0223202210.jpg
    0223202210.jpg

Latest posts

Back