can you identify it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
looking at all the threads with stolen stuff i was wondering if anyone marks their saws and stuff.i mark all my saws with part of my ss # so that if they would br recovered i can identify them.most dip s#!+ crooks might not look under the clutch cover or air cleaner cover. just a thought.

Steve

I use an electric engraver to etch my co. name and phone # in several prominent places (plastic and metal) on all my saws.
It definitely works - had a detective call me a few years ago that had stopped a guy with a pickup load of saws in the back....turned out it was a scrap saw I had traded in years ago for some $$$ off a new one. The cop sounded disappointed when I told him it was junk and I wasn't missing anything. A lot easier for a cop / pawn store owner / potential customer to phone a number scratched on a saw then to start checking out serial numbers.

I engrave my last name on parts of my saws like the top cover or behind the recoil housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I bought my pickup, it had a vial of liquid in the console. It had a name on it, so I looked it up. Turns out it is a new hi-tech property marking system Bonds to metal like nobodies business, and has your own code on thousands of little slivers in the mix. To the naked eye it just looks like thick clearcoat.

When I bought my pickup, it had a vial of liquid in the console. It had a name on it, so I looked it up. Turns out it is a new hi-tech property marking system Bonds to metal like nobodies business, and has your own code on thousands of little slivers in the mix. To the naked eye it just looks like thick clearcoat.

Is this bottle of marking liquid available for purchase anywhere??

I like one guys idea of etching his name ontop of the piston. Gets covered in soot so all ya need to do is wipe it off the reveal name, ss#, whatever. Pretty genius to me

They put it on crazy thick in this spot. I have found several spots where he put it.

Attachments

• 20150320_165502.jpg
    20150320_165502.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 51
Back