Can you identify this CBN wheel???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok guys have any of you guys seen one of these wheel....I got it with a Stihl usg and I am trying to find out more about it....I have no idea how old it is, could be 10 years old...

It is very hard to read, but here is what I could make out last night....

The top of the wheel says "standard diamond"....the bottom says "d80 plate"...

There is more writing, but I am going to have to clean it up to read it...

IMG_2635.PNG IMG_2636.PNG

Well I found out that standard diamond was the old company that made the wheel...they are now radiac....

I emailed a pic of the wheel they are going to get back with me...they are out of Illinois

Well I found out that standard diamond was the old company that made the wheel...they are now radiac....

I emailed a pic of the wheel they are going to get back with me...they are out of Illinois
You ever get a reply from Radiac ??
I only ask because I have the same wheel as you on my USG .
I've been trying since Feb. to get the new wheels I ordered for a friend...... VERY FRUSTRATING...
I bought mine in 2009, the company was then called US Diamond Wheel, and the sales guy, and transaction was flawless/pain free..
Some time since then they merged several names into Radiac Abrasives, and now I'm/We're stuck with a complete IDIOT of a sales rep. Named John Sharrow...
I've been in business for myself for 25+ years, and have never, not even close, had to deal with such an imbiscile as this guy..
I need an alternative source for a 3/16 Cbn wheel with the cooling holes and slots...
Ok, rant over..

I've been trying since Feb. to get the new wheels I ordered for a friend...... VERY FRUSTRATING...
I bought mine in 2009, the company was then called US Diamond Wheel, and the sales guy, and transaction was flawless/pain free..
Some time since then they merged several names into Radiac Abrasives, and now I'm/We're stuck with a complete IDIOT of a sales rep. Named John Sharrow...
I've been in business for myself for 25+ years, and have never, not even close, had to deal with such an imbiscile as this guy..
I need an alternative source for a 3/16 Cbn wheel with the cooling holes and slots...
Ok, rant over..
Try Grainger.

Not really, but thanks for your interest..
The problem is'nt with their product, it's their customer service/communication skills>........... There are none ??
One guy is now in charge of the entire East Coastal states as far as sales go,,,,, and he's gotta be a dumb blonde in real life..lol

They must owned by Echo.

Ok, rant over..
Hello sir.....a guy named Kevin beamish sent me an email with his number and he said to call him and he would help me anyway he could...

So I take it you really like the wheel???

I don't really know what to think of mine...it without a doubt leaves the best finish I have ever seen, (I think it looks just like a brand new chain!!!)....however, I don't know if the wheel I have is about worn out or not...the guy I got it from said it wasn't used much at all....it doesn't cut as good/fast as my other CBN wheels, (my other CBN wheels are solid and from Diamond wheel co, I really like them!!)....it also leaves a bigger burr, even when removing little amounts of material....

Now I don't let my chains get really dull...since my chains don't need much material removed, I like to use the US diamond wheel on my chains.....

I wish I had a brand new wheel that was excactly the same, so I could see if it cut differently....

What are your overall thoughts/opinions on the wheel???

Have you used other CBN wheels from different brands, if so how does the US diamond wheel compare to them???

Here is the number to Kevin....I would just call him and tell them you were given his number from another customer....
IMG_2939.PNG

Hello sir.....a guy named Kevin beamish sent me an email with his number and he said to call him and he would help me anyway he could...

So I take it you really like the wheel???

I don't really know what to think of mine...it without a doubt leaves the best finish I have ever seen, (I think it looks just like a brand new chain!!!)....however, I don't know if the wheel I have is about worn out or not...the guy I got it from said it wasn't used much at all....it doesn't cut as good/fast as my other CBN wheels, (my other CBN wheels are solid and from Diamond wheel co, I really like them!!)....it also leaves a bigger burr, even when removing little amounts of material....

Now I don't let my chains get really dull...since my chains don't need much material removed, I like to use the US diamond wheel on my chains.....

I wish I had a brand new wheel that was excactly the same, so I could see if it cut differently....

What are your overall thoughts/opinions on the wheel???

Have you used other CBN wheels from different brands, if so how does the US diamond wheel compare to them???

Here is the number to Kevin....I would just call him and tell them you were given his number from another customer....
View attachment 592999
Yes, I really like the wheel, mine is 100grit, yours may be different on that wheel, as well as the other solid ones you have..
There used to be some good threads with pictures here, but they were lost when the hack happened a few years ago..
I appreciate the contact info you shared also..
Also, there are cleaning sticks to use on your CBN wheels, Uncle Rob gave me a couple a few years ago at the GTG I hosted at my place, prior to that, I did'nt know there was such a thing..

Latest posts

Back