Can you identify this CBN wheel???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I really like the wheel, mine is 100grit, yours may be different on that wheel, as well as the other solid ones you have..
There used to be some good threads with pictures here, but they were lost when the hack happened a few years ago..
I appreciate the contact info you shared also..
Also, there are cleaning sticks to use on your CBN wheels, Uncle Rob gave me a couple a few years ago at the GTG I hosted at my place, prior to that, I did'nt know there was such a thing..
Yes I hi have the white sticks and I did use them on it, didn't help that much

I believe mine is an 80-grit

Does your wheel cut like other diamond wheels????

No problem in the number, but it seems he is the guy to call!!!

I never used any other CBN,ABN or DIAMOND wheels, so I can't say how this one compares..
It works great for me though..

Is there anyway you could snap a pic of your wheel, so I could see if it looks the same....

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they selling the wheels for???

Do they make them in different sizes? I would like to find one that I could use on both .325 and 3/8"Picco. Not sure if that can work or not. I can't see buying two for what these things cost.

Do they make them in different sizes? I would like to find one that I could use on both .325 and 3/8"Picco. Not sure if that can work or not. I can't see buying two for what these things cost.
Hey Duane,
For .325----.404 you would use the 3/16" wheel, I think the picco would need the 1/8" wheel..

If the sticks clean or not depends on how the wheel is bonded.
The ABN wheels I believe are nickel bonded and ultrasonic or a recommended cleaner.
The resiniod bonded wheel like Showerguy has used the white cleaning sticks. The one that came with my latest wheel they say to get wet before use.
News to me!!!! But I'm old.

The resinoid wheels should look dull. Steel imbedded in the surface makes them shined and cut hotter.

Lotta. Guys, Including me, don't like the profile left on a .325 tooth when using a 1/8" wheel..
It will sharpen it though..
I agree with that...

I do however use the 1/8 wheels when the cutter wears back towards the end of the chains life...

I just used the us diamond wheel (which is a hair bigger than 1/8), on a 3/8 chain that is at the end of its life....I was cutting some huge white oak and it cut great...

If the sticks clean or not depends on how the wheel is bonded.
The ABN wheels I believe are nickel bonded and ultrasonic or a recommended cleaner.
The resiniod bonded wheel like Showerguy has used the white cleaning sticks. The one that came with my latest wheel they say to get wet before use.
News to me!!!! But I'm old.

The resinoid wheels should look dull. Steel imbedded in the surface makes them shined and cut hotter.
So what method would be correct for this US diamond wheel...

What do you use @showrguy yo clean your whee like mine??

Back