• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Can you swap a 404 pitch sprocket and chain on a c-71 to a 3/8

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
W/ .063 groove & correct sprocket tip, or solid tip. Rule of thumb drive sprocket, bar & tip all match you're good to go.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
YES It turned out to be harder than I thought it would. You can do both ways if you do not mind waiting for what you need. Recently took a rollomatic bar and changed the sprocket end. to go to the 3/8. Some times the drive sprocket will not inner change. The easiest is to find a rim type clutch. Usually the there are two types of drive units that the rim fits onto. If you can find the larger clutch made for the larger rim which usually comes with a 404 rim then you will need a larger rim in 3/8 to put onto the 404 clutch. I believe you can find a 7 t that will go onto the 7 t 404 clutch. I changed some of my 3/8 to 404 so they would be all the same. It was difficult to find the right clutches for me. Thanks