Cannonbar fat belly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kent550

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a new 3120xp that I want a 25 or 30" fat belly on.
The sprocket is 7 teeth .404 pitch .063 gauge. What chains fit on theese bars?

I have a medium mount 25" belly bar on my 661. it takes 89 dls for 8 pin 3/8THS

And 90dls for 9 and 10 pin.

I run a lot of 404 but I haven't tried it yet on this bar. but based on my experience I would start a little long at 83dls of 404 for a 7pin and 84 with an 8 pin.

And I'm guessing your saw is large mount so you'd want to probably add 4 dls to my numbers

Mail from cannonbar:

A 25” Fat Belly bar for your 3120 that is running .063 gauge chain, .404” pitch and a seven tooth sprocket will require a 79 drive link chain.If you use an eight tooth sprocket the drive link count will probably be the same. If you use a nine tooth you will probably have to use 80 drive link chain.

Just kidding.

When a chain spins very fast it wants to change into the shape of a circle. In a racing situation a super fast spinning chain will lift out of the bar rails. A belly bar helps prevent this.

I can't tell you the specifics, but I think there are other racing/performance benefits to a belly bar as well.

Just kidding.

When a chain spins very fast it wants to change into the shape of a circle. In a racing situation a super fast spinning chain will lift out of the bar rails. A belly bar helps prevent this.

I can't tell you the specifics, but I think there are other racing/performance benefits to a belly bar as well.
Ok thanks. That's interesting

Ok thanks. That's interesting
mostly just the cool part.----heavy too.--- we used them on our race saws for a season. sugi. lightweight are my favorite. with the heel trimmed to fit a 10 on our mac 101's and my west bend i have never had a chain problem. 32 in bars . we dont race the fence post thing up here

Latest posts

Back