• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Canopy anchor question

hosocat

hosocat

ArboristSite Member
I notice when many people are setting a canopy anchor for srt they use a carabiner or delta link. I just run the downward line through an alpine butterfly and run the butterfly up to the anchor point. There must be a reason people use a link but i dont know what it is. Is there any safety issue with the way im doing it?

benjo75

benjo75

ArboristSite Operative
That's a perfectly good way. I use a quickie. That way it isn't rope on rope. On long fast pulls rope on rope can abraid a little. Rope on rope is harder to retreive if you have several redirects. Less friction with a delta link or quickie and easy to untie if you want to relocate the tie in point or disconnect to swap to Ddrt.