Cant believe im gonna say it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So today I had the opportunity to cut up a red oak, so in the shed I go and I say which saw the 576XP or the Clean MS441C with the brand new 20" RSN bar, I go with 441. I get to the site and get right to bucking and notice the bar drifting and small chips, (terrible sharpened) but its cutting and I figure I would just go with a couple of cuts and notice the smoke and I proceed
to burn off some of the new paint on the bar!!!! So pissed now, I swap out the chain and off I go with it cutting much better......BUTTTT I say "I should of brought the 576XP". Maybe its because I'm kind of mad because of how one badly sharpened chain pissed me off, but it also gave me a chance to run the 441 and make my mind up on which one is leaving the herd and I have to say the 441 is gonna be leaving. My reason is NOT to say the 441 is not worth owning, I do love this saw but the power to weight ratio is what sold me on making my final decision. The 576 is a beast I feel its a more comfortable saw to operate. I dont like how forward the brake handle is on the 441 also. The 576 is a tad bigger (cc and weight) and no reason to have two saws of almost same class. NOT trying to start a brand war but my shed will be all orange from today on.. sorry Stihl guys.

I just dumped the old gas out of all my saws and ran them dry and put put them away. As I handled each one, I thought, why do I have this saw or why do I need another saw when I have this one. I need to thin the herd also and just have two or three saws. The three I want to keep are the 346XP, the 38cc Earthquake and the PS540 and of course the Poulan that was dad's saw. The 112 is heavy, the 45cc Earthquake is unimpressive and the 026 just don't interest me since the other 50cc saw is so much nicer.
sorry Stihl guys.

That's why there is wondrous variety to choose from. I really feel bad for you CAD sufferers. Its so easy for me to just grab the 261 or the 660. No wracking my brain. No brand drama. No wondering which one I should sell today.

Selling is not in my cards. I'm starting to develop a nice older husky collection and have no thoughts about add a Stihl. As to what saw to use? Doesn't bother me to have to choose. Some days I'll grab the big one just to buck firewood because it's been a while since I've heard the sweet music it makes. Then I get tired of all the weight and grab the other one. Ha! Gotta love it.

So today I had the opportunity to cut up a red oak, so in the shed I go and I say which saw the 576XP or the Clean MS441C with the brand new 20" RSN bar, I go with 441. I get to the site and get right to bucking and notice the bar drifting and small chips, (terrible sharpened) but its cutting and I figure I would just go with a couple of cuts and notice the smoke and I proceed
to burn off some of the new paint on the bar!!!! So pissed now, I swap out the chain and off I go with it cutting much better......BUTTTT I say "I should of brought the 576XP". Maybe its because I'm kind of mad because of how one badly sharpened chain pissed me off, but it also gave me a chance to run the 441 and make my mind up on which one is leaving the heard and I have to say the 441 is gonna be leaving. My reason is NOT to say the 441 is not worth owning, I do love this saw but the power to weight ratio is what sold me on making my final decision. The 576 is a beast I feel its a more comfortable saw to operate. I dont like how forward the brake handle is on the 441 also. The 576 is a tad bigger (cc and weight) and no reason to have two saws of almost same class. NOT trying to start a brand war but my shed will be all orange from today on.. sorry Stihl guys.

You’d kick both of them to the curb over a 461.

I find that the older I get, the lighter the saw I like to use. I find myself using my little echo more and more. This was originally a project saw (Well OK, two saws to make one good one) to teach my son about engines, but it's becoming one of my favorites. Its so light, it feels like a toy, and with a muffler mod, it goes pretty good for a small cc saw. I also use a narrow kerf bar/chain which helps it cut a little faster too.

to burn off some of the new paint on the bar!!!! So pissed now, I swap out the chain and off I go with it cutting much better......BUTTTT I say "I should of brought the 576XP". Maybe its because I'm kind of mad because of how one badly sharpened chain pissed me off, but it also gave me a chance to run the 441 and make my mind up on which one is leaving the herd and I have to say the 441 is gonna be leaving. My reason is NOT to say the 441 is not worth owning, I do love this saw but the power to weight ratio is what sold me on making my final decision. The 576 is a beast I feel its a more comfortable saw to operate. I dont like how forward the brake handle is on the 441 also. The 576 is a tad bigger (cc and weight) and no reason to have two saws of almost same class. NOT trying to start a brand war but my shed will be all orange from today on.. sorry Stihl guys.
There's a reason for having two modern work saws in the same class. It's called a back up saw lol. Just sell the 441 and 576 and get a ported 372 if you only want one saw in that class and Husqvarna is your brand of choice.

+1..... the 576 is probably my least favorite pro series Husky, and the 441 is my least favorite pro series Stihl. I'd sell them both and buy a 372 or 461.
I actually had come across a hard on the eyes 372 and cleaned her up gave it the once over and sold it to a friend. I did like how it felt though and it did rip through the rounds I cut with it while test running it for him. But I actually did Husky a business favor and now he bought there little climber also because he loved the 372 so much, so Im a economics major now LOL. Spreading the CAD

I had a guy just offer me 1K on CL for the 441 with a 20" and 36" bar and chains and the 201tCM with a 14". I told him NO and countered $1100 for all. We will see. Im asking $750 and $450.
4e2fef625585520de3c4465f71146bfa.jpg
b19b1ae1953741badc0762ef726c5245.jpg

Back