Can't find a coil for a Husky 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowchip500

Reaction score
You would think this would be quick & easy. The only one I've found (online) was a complete kit, with the flywheel and a bunch of other crap I don't need (for $100). I just need an ignition coil.
Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

First off welcome. Have you checked Ebay? Also just type in Husqvarna 2100 coil in the Google search engine.

Wow, thanx for the quick reply.
I've googled all kinds of stuff. There's lots of Husky coils, just none for the 2100. I haven't looked at ebay. I'll check that tonight.

Is there a particular 2100 ignition set-up that's better or preferred over others?

In the late 80's I worked on a bunch of 2100s (around 30 or so) and they all had the SEM modules and flywheels, and there was a bunch that wouldn't work.

Recently I bought a bunch of 2100 parts and there was a Femsa 2100 flywheel and ignition in that lot, and it's a good-looking set. Looks to be very high quality.

Husqvarna refers to the part you are looking for as an "armature plate". It does not look much like a traditional ignition coil at all. I forgot about the FEMSA units, Jacob. The SEM ignition has to be used with the SEM flywheel and the FEMSA has to use the FEMSA flywheel.

Jacob, does the FEMSA flywheel use 2 pawls or 3?

Vince- this Femsa flywheel has three pawls. The ignition unit is red or reddish-orange much like those ignitions that come on Parilla rotary-valve kart engines. The guy I got these parts from didn't know exactly which saw it was, as the saw was smashed in the woods. I got the crank, clutch, flywheel, ignition, oil pump, and piston which are all mint. The rest of it was toast.

Jacob I think that one uses a different starter. Look at the smashed unit and see if the part that engages the paws is different. I can't remember for sure but somewhere in the back of my mind it seems the starter cover itself is a different thickness. Mike

Mike- I think you're right on that but unfortunately the old boy had tossed most of the saw by the time I arrived. He said the cylinder was broken, which of course means a really smashed saw. I know the intake block was in pieces.

This Femsa flywheels seems heavier and thicker than the SEM versions on the saws I've worked on.

Wow, now I'm really confused (and my saw is still dead). :newbie:

I think I am looking for an "armature plate", but I've found different options & the more I learn, the more confused I get (I consider myself pretty mechanical, but I'm starting to wonder).
If someone has what I need, I can bring the saw to you (if you're in the NW) & we can try it out.

Latest posts

Back