Can't pass the test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayseed79

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got a Husqvarna 141 that wont pass a leak test.Soapy water confirms a leak at the seals every time.Im on my 3rd try to seal it up.Any secrets?Thanks

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Yes...feel like flex seal is my only hope lol...there is next to no surface area at the transfers to get a seal.

If leaking on outer seal area, apply thin layer of motoseal or similiar and draw vac for short time. Let it cure and re-test.

Sometimes new leaky seals can drive us crazy. I had one on a bike the shift seal would leak on my kids bike. After the second seal I inspected the shifter shaft were the seal rides on. I found a nick in the beginning of the shaft were the seal starts on the shaft. It actually cut the seal lips as I installed it. Fool me once, took me a second time there is no third time. Check the shaft for nicks if your pulling the old seal out?

I hope no one minds me passing on some experiences and knowledge. I learn here too it’s a two way street in sharing info.

Meal? Take a slice of bread with one slice of American cheese put a hot dog in it. Take aluminum foil and roll the bread and dog up in the foil. Twist thevends and face them up were the opening of the cheese is so it don’t run out. Bake for 15-25 minuted till done at 375 degrees.
You wanted a meal doggy, woof, woof, woof. Better make extra they eat good.

I have a bacon cheeseburger that’s the bomb even Bigfoot can’t resist the smell. Next time.

Pics of the saw
2ba064d9abf066e8604eeab5246e1664.jpg
c5a5bbe335ba1cf639fa152bef14b7bd.jpg

Latest posts

Back