Can't pass the test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of the meal too!
Supper
d30458d873fe48d11a66831ea97f0253.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Sometimes new leaky seals can drive us crazy. I had one on a bike the shift seal would leak on my kids bike. After the second seal I inspected the shifter shaft were the seal rides on. I found a nick in the beginning of the shaft were the seal starts on the shaft. It actually cut the seal lips as I installed it. Fool me once, took me a second time there is no third time. Check the shaft for nicks if your pulling the old seal out?

I hope no one minds me passing on some experiences and knowledge. I learn here too it’s a two way street in sharing info.

Meal? Take a slice of bread with one slice of American cheese put a hot dog in it. Take aluminum foil and roll the bread and dog up in the foil. Twist thevends and face them up were the opening of the cheese is so it don’t run out. Bake for 15-25 minuted till done at 375 degrees.
You wanted a meal doggy, woof, woof, woof. Better make extra they eat good.

I have a bacon cheeseburger that’s the bomb even Bigfoot can’t resist the smell. Next time.
Advice is what we are here for.I just did ham pot pie but the dogs sound yummy

Is it leaking at the crankshaft or engine case where the seal sits.?

For the engine case mark the area where it’s leaking it may have a flat spot. Try a tad of high heat silicone around the outside of the seal.

How much are you pumping the case up to check for leakage. On the dirtbike cases I pumped it up to 10 lbs and they sat for 12 hours. I found out these old cases were abused. People hit the base gasket with a screwdriver to get the cylinder off.

The dogs rolled up are awesome, make plenty. Ham n potatoes sounds good. We had left over corn beef cabbage stuffed in pastry rolls last night.

Is it leaking at the crankshaft or engine case where the seal sits.?

For the engine case mark the area where it’s leaking it may have a flat spot.

The dogs rolled up are awesome, make plenty. Ham n potatoes sounds good. We had left over corn beef cabbage stuffed in pastry rolls last night.
Leaks where the seal meets the case...everything looks good just won't seal....I missed corn beef and cabbage this year.

Tap the outer of the ring area where the seal sits horizontally. This will expand the metal so it will seal. Then don’t push the seal all the way in leave it out a tad.

I know with Stihl blower clam shells the dealer service book shows a clamp/press type tool too put pressure on the bottom of the pan which helps it fit correctly and seal. It drove me nuts until with the exact same sealing issues (new bearings, seals etc) until I used a ratchet strap to do work in a similar way to the OEM tool which clamps/forces the bottom pan over the bearing race onto the case/cylinder. Look at the OP pics at the pan, the half circle that surrounds the seals/bearings appears a mm or 2 too small, it don't match the half circle above it. Check the hoosky manual to see if a clamping tool is needed for assembly prior to cylinder bolts being secured. I could be well wrong but I've scratched my head over this one before & it brings back bad memories! Damn clams! Without pressure on that bottom pan which forces out the race and flattens the flat mating surface between pan & other case half you have no hope. Check the husky tech manual to see if a similar tool is needed.

I know with Stihl blower clam shells the dealer service book shows a clamp/press type tool too put pressure on the bottom of the pan which helps it fit correctly and seal. It drove me nuts until with the exact same sealing issues (new bearings, seals etc) until I used a ratchet strap to do work in a similar way to the OEM tool which clamps/forces the bottom pan over the bearing race onto the case/cylinder. Look at the OP pics at the pan, the half circle that surrounds the seals/bearings appears a mm or 2 too small, it don't match the half circle above it. Check the hoosky manual to see if a clamping tool is needed for assembly prior to cylinder bolts being secured. I could be well wrong but I've scratched my head over this one before & it brings back bad memories! Damn clams! Without pressure on that bottom pan which forces out the race and flattens the flat mating surface between pan & other case half you have no hope. Check the husky tech manual to see if a similar tool is needed.
When I put the 4 bolts in the pan and draw them down the pan and cylinder mating surfaces are touching so no matter how it's done they can never get any tighter...if I'm understanding you right?...but if I was to sand a few thou off the pan flange that would gain me squeeze as long as a have clearance

Coat the outside of the seal all the way around with Threebond 1211 and set it in the lower case half, and bring the upper cylinder/case half down onto it.

If you press it in after putting the cases together the adhesive would get scraped off? I've found Yamabond 4 is a lot thinner than 1211. Not quite for the same application.

Back