Carb Cleaning Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its not oiling check your pump drive, they burn up from people running it with the chain brake engaged.

Holy Cow!...Please Ambull...You are being way too hyper for all this!...Relax man, it's only a saw...wipe off the orange paint and put it back into running order...READ the manual!...I got a 6421 fm HD last year...changed the muffler to the 6400 style (non-cat), cleaned the H needle so I could adjust it...and re=tuned ...that's it. The piston/ring are pristine and it runs better then I could hope for. Easiest starting saw I've ever owned. It WANTS to run for you!...These saws are hardy beasts and take abuse. Relax and just run it. No need for all your anxiety!.
I now use about 20% bar oil (whatever I have left over), and 80% canola oil for the bar...It oils well and spits just enough so the chain is lubed fine...saw is easy to work on but you really shouldn't have much to worry about once you do the basic set-up and get it going. These HD Mikita/Dolmar saws are, for the most part, a pretty good deal and if mine ever goes down it'll become a 7900 in a hurry. Your learning curve is upon you and you'll pay attention...that's good but stop going overboard...no need for that...(If I were your squad Sgt. I'd keep and eye on you!)...Relax...throttle back a bit and go cut some wood...the longer you use it the more you'll trust it and forget about any orange paint!...Everyone here is trying to help and keep you straight...it's not that hard...Now you just have to do your part...Use it...be happy...You have a good saw...

Holy Cow!...Please Ambull...You are being way too hyper for all this!...Relax man, it's only a saw...wipe off the orange paint and put it back into running order...READ the manual!...I got a 6421 fm HD last year...changed the muffler to the 6400 style (non-cat), cleaned the H needle so I could adjust it...and re=tuned ...that's it. The piston/ring are pristine and it runs better then I could hope for. Easiest starting saw I've ever owned. It WANTS to run for you!...These saws are hardy beasts and take abuse. Relax and just run it. No need for all your anxiety!.
I now use about 20% bar oil (whatever I have left over), and 80% canola oil for the bar...It oils well and spits just enough so the chain is lubed fine...saw is easy to work on but you really shouldn't have much to worry about once you do the basic set-up and get it going. These HD Mikita/Dolmar saws are, for the most part, a pretty good deal and if mine ever goes down it'll become a 7900 in a hurry. Your learning curve is upon you and you'll pay attention...that's good but stop going overboard...no need for that...(If I were your squad Sgt. I'd keep and eye on you!)...Relax...throttle back a bit and go cut some wood...the longer you use it the more you'll trust it and forget about any orange paint!...Everyone here is trying to help and keep you straight...it's not that hard...Now you just have to do your part...Use it...be happy...You have a good saw...

I know dude! I've wiped off the orange paint and been using it since Dec 8 or so! Never heard of of a squad SGT. Anyway, love the saw so far. Once I get a smaller limbing saw I'm going to upgrade to the 79cc

If you're using it and it's fine...all is good...you got it...Shoulda said squad leader maybe platoon Sgt, maybe even "Top" (1st Sgt)...been a long time since my Nam-era days here...

Back