Carb issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Spoiler, not a chainsaw.

Chrysler 318. Timing is splitting a hair dead on, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, vacuum advance works, condenser,.buffed points.

I ordered a China 2 barrel factory like replacement carb.

When really working it hard I get nasty yellow flash Bombs out the carb throat.

Jets is all that's left, I think? A bit rich?

Trying to give data for feedback as all I got was a nearly blank paper that said clean the oil passages out before using carburetor. Some miss spelled words' too....

there is only a few things that will do that on a car setup.
time chain, burned valve, or over fueling leaving a puddle of gasoline in the bottom of the intake.
with the engine off and after a hard run you will have to get a light to see the intake floor with the choke and throttle open
see if there is a puddle of gasoline in the bottom...
the tricky part is the accelerator pump will shoot a charge of fuel every time the throttle is moved.

you can also have a float that is not set right or the needle is leaking fuel past with the engine vibration.

best advice stick with a holley carb on the mopar… they fuel better if you have to have a carb.
they had carter thermos quads back in the day on them for the better hp versions and the 340 as well as the 360.
that is one of the common mods for the 318 block is to use the better heads.

now if it is a car that is built. then run a holley TBI kit.. yea they are pricy.. but they also run way better than any carb!!
just a fuel pump change to 60 psi and the kit is bolt and wire in.
it will take any slow par and make it a reliable runner!
and they start way better as well with the tbi!

Carb wasn't adjusted quite right. I got it sorted.

It's actually a stock old 60s out of my dad's road runner.

His lovely wife smashed his car few times, so after totaling it, he ripped it out and stuffed it in his Allis Chalmers after the Hercules injector pump went goofy and over revved itself.

Since She likes to crash, his idea was to have her drive the loader and hopefully not ruin anything.

Well, radiator is poked full of stick holes from backing into trees.

The man just couldn't win......

Latest posts

Back