Carb kits in general

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a couple of saws mainly Poulan 3700's & Poulan 2000's that run good but sometimes are difficult to start or will not start hot. I have never needed to use a carb kit before. My question is will the carb kit with what few parts are in it really help most of the time ? After taking them apart should they be soaked in carb cleaner to clean areas behind welch plugs etc ? Have never taken a welch plug off and am a little hesitant that I may not get a new one on properly. Is there ever much gunk behind them ? Thanks.

The amount of "crud"behind the welch plug is dependent on the amount of "crud" in the tank & condition of the filter more problems of late seem to be layed at the E content in the gas it is known to affect rubber type parts in the carb Yes the kit to rebuild a carb will get the saw back to working order I have used Genuine & AM carb kits with no problems but tend if I can use the carb makers own repair kits as the quality is usually constant some AM kits are a bit hit & miss if the kit contains alternative parts make sure you use the correct parts for the model of carb I keep all parts I remove to hand to enable me to compare to the parts I'm fitting If your kit has a fabric/ plastic pump diaphragm they are for E Fuel Video's on U tube how to if you are not sure

Back