• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Carb pop off pressure

SteveSr

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
So I got a o25 here with a carb pop off pressure of around 32 psi. How do I lower it? Clip the spring?
I tried a few different spring, no dif.
pop-off pressure is irrelevant. in fact, you may have damaged the fuel pump diaphragm with 32 PSI. I would check it or replace it. All that you are really looking for is for the carb to hold from 7-10 PSI indefinitely. This is about what the fuel pump puts out and the needle has to hold back.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
pop-off pressure is irrelevant. in fact, you may have damaged the fuel pump diaphragm with 32 PSI. I would check it or replace it. All that you are really looking for is for the carb to hold from 7-10 PSI indefinitely. This is about what the fuel pump puts out and the needle has to hold back.
Right: guys get hung up on POP OFF. that pressure is forcing the inlet needle to stay open.
Slowly put in 5 lbs at first and see if it holds solid at 3-5, if not you have a leaking needle/seat. After repairing go about 7-10 and not any more and it should hold a solid pressure ideally but no leak down less than 3.
It's the holding pressure that you need to test.