carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treerat23

Reaction score
:confused:

i have a McCulloch MacCAT 2.3ci,38cc,modle#60016002
and i am having problems adjusting the CARB iddaling screws
so it uses the least gas and the most rpm's and what is the corect oil mixing ratio 40\1??

can you help me please
THANK YOU
TREERAT23

Most newer saws have plastic caps to prevent people from adjusting mixture screws too far. Stihl took that one step further and eliminated the high-end adjustment screw on the 020T (another reason I dislike the saw).
If you have an older saw without caps, most of them start at 1 1/2 turns out from seated. Bigger Stihls are 1 turn out. If the saw idles but seems to run out of gas when you pull the throttle, your high-end jet may be clogged. Likewise, if it runs full speed but won't idle, or stalls when you try to rev it up- your low end jet may be clogged.
If all else fails, replacement carbs are about $50-60 at the dealer for that size saw generally. About what 2 hours labor costs.
As for 2-cycle oil, your best bet is to use the manufacturer's branded oil and mix according to the directions. 2nd alternative is Husky or Stihl 2-cycle mix, following directions on the bottle.

Last edited:
I might be wrong but the caps are only on saws sold in Cal. Fl. & Tex.But dont let anyone know but a needle nose pliers take them right off. Or This so called saw shop out hear in Cal. has a grinded down screwdriver down to fit thru the caps.

Latest posts

Back