Care and feeding of Homelite 750

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just purchased a Homelite 750 and was wondering if the 50:1 Stihl mix I use for my other newer saws is o.k. Also, how do you remove the clutch to change the drive rim? Do I need a special Homelite tool? I understand the Homelite fanatics a little better now. I have only started the saw once (haven't cut anything yet) and I already like it better than my 084.

Hello Robert, Good purchase. 6.8 cubes 112cc's that is one mean cutting machine. 50:1 should be okay, but I do like to run the Homelite's around 32:1. To get the clutch off you need a spanner wrench or the Homelite tool. I use a snap-on adjustable spanner wrench. I also like to tie a couple knots in a piece of starter rope and stuff it down the sparkplug hole to stop the piston from turning. The direction for off should be marked on the clutch. I would run a 8 tooth 3/8" spocket on 32" and shorter bars and 7 tooth .404" for 32" to 60" bars. Nothing like the rumble of the old 750's Hemi-head. I can pick one out a mile away. Hope this helps let me know if you need parts or tips, Jonathan Homelite's Rule:blob2:

Is the cylinder cast or chrome? The UT #is 104534 and the serial # is 682440001. Can you tell by that what year the saw was made? Does Homelite still stock parts for this saw? After I'm through admiring the saw it is going to be used in an alaskan mill, that's why I am concerned about using the right oil and mix. I read in the Power Tuning thread in a post by kdhotsaw about Maxima 927 2-cycle oil. After reading about this stuff it sounds like it would be perfect for milling saws. Anyone else use it?

Hello again, Your 750 was probally built in the late 70's early 80's. The cylinder is chrome. Use the Maxima 927 at 30:1 ratio. Let me know how your new beaty works out. Jonathan

Latest posts

Back