Carlton 5014 hydraulic filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Quick question for anyone with a carlton 5014 stump grinder or anyone familiar with filtri/myclean filters. The stock hydraulic filter is a filtri, MY Clean. I'm having a hard time getting the filter element to change it for the initial change. So I ordered a a different brand that is suppose to comparable. Trouble is, the Filtri/MyClean has a six sided connection that fits into the filter encasement that fits into the tank. That is the only brand that has that feature. My Question is, if I pull out the encasement for that element, with the off brand just the connection in the tank. (Sorry, don't know any of the proper labels for these parts, but they show up as comparable on the off brand comparison charts. I'm assuming there is a round pipe that comes up from the tank that the filter and or encasement slide over, the holes on the replacement brand and the filtri brand appear the same. Just didn't want to put the replacement in without knowing what it is fitting over.

Back