Carlton 7015 74hp Kohler or 74hp Kubota engine??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCullyLandServices

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the site but I currently own a forestry mulching business and looking to expand into stump grinding. I have decided on a Carlton 7015 but cannot find any reviews on the new engines. Does anyone have any insight on which is the better engine out of the 74hp Kohler or 74hp Kubota?

Thanks in advance!

Stick
Hey guys,

I am new to the site but I currently own a forestry mulching business and looking to expand into stump grinding. I have decided on a Carlton 7015 but cannot find any reviews on the new engines. Does anyone have any insight on which is the better engine out of the 74hp Kohler or 74hp Kubota?

Thanks in advance!

Go with the Kubota. The Kohler is a rebadged Lombardini, which is definitely a good brand, they make marine engines, but there is way more support and parts availability in the US for Kubota, and most service tech's and mechanics know the Kubota's pretty well as they are used in lot of different equipment. Resale will probably also be better with the Kubota.

Stick

Go with the Kubota. The Kohler is a rebadged Lombardini, which is definitely a good brand, they make marine engines, but there is way more support and parts availability in the US for Kubota, and most service tech's and mechanics know the Kubota's pretty well as they are used in lot of different equipment. Resale will probably also be better with the Kubota.

Thanks moojpg2. I ended up going with the Kubota and after grinding a dozen stumps so far it is exceeding my expectations. I appreciate the reply.

Eventhough it is a little late now, my vote would be the kohler, it has 221ft/lb vs. 162ft/lb on the kubota. Nearly 40% more torque! Really, there is nothing to add.

Latest posts

Back