Carlton sp7015 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milestree

Reaction score
I’m looking at purchasing a used Carlton 7015 with the Deutz Diesel engine and wireless remote - around 1035 hours. The machine is priced at $46,500, which is a bit more than half of the cost of a brand new machine (I can’t buy a new machine as my credit isn’t great). Does this seem like a good deal? I looked a few years ago at similar used machines and was seeing more in the $30,000 range, but I haven’t been able to find anything like that.

I’ve rented the 7015 at least 20 times and it’s a great machine, just not sure about the pricing on this one. I also wanted to see if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with the Deutz diesel. I’ve always heard they’re simple, bulletproof engines, but as I’ve been researching them mated to the Carlton grinders I’ve heard they’re prone to blow up due to starving for oil on inclines.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53786462379dce934dcdbf98c8a549f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the deutz were a relatively cheap and easy rebuild engine. I also heard since it’s air cooled they don’t last as long as the Kubota’s

What year is the machine?Their's a couple them in my area ( north of me] for the same price , think their 06 & 07 ,800 hrs or around that.Would ask when the timing belt was changed, think that's one of the big maint issues.I would also ask if the pillar and cutter wheel bearings have been replaced.If I was serious about buying it I would pull both covers and inspect belts,the right cover that says Carlton is where the Polly Chain [cog belt is] if you grab it and squeeze it you can see how much slop the cutter wheel bearing has, shouldn't have hardly any slop, the left side you should be able to the grab the pully and shake it to check pillar bearings slop.If the guy won't let you pull the covers to inspect.Walk Away!

Back