Carnivore Meat Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm finally upgrading from my Manual Meat Grinder to a 3/4HP Cabelas Carnivore Meat Grinder.

Once you start making homemade sausages and salami, there is no going back, and the batches get bigger and bigger.

CIMG3763 (1024x768).jpg

Attachments

• SalamiUpdate 003.JPG
    SalamiUpdate 003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Damn, this thing is heavy. Weighs 50 or so pounds. In prep for the Superbowl, a major grocery store had pork shoulder on sale for $1.26 a pound. I grabbed >35 pounds. Big sausage making day is Saturday. As fresh as can be sausages will be my contribution to the game day feasts. :)
CarnivoreMeatGrinder 001 (1024x768).jpg

I mix my own. Lots and lots of recipes out there, and I just follow one that I have the ingredients for. Andouille has been a huge success. Pepperoni and Hawaiian are examples of others that I like a lot.

This is pretty much the ultimate resource in cooked and cured meat recipes --> http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm#COOKED

Outstanding! What kind of spice mix did you use?

I've been using Natural Hog and Sheep casings. The sheep casings are great for slim jims but are expensive. I've some collagen casings on order and will be giving those a try. I suspect that those are what is actually used and available at grocery stores and other places where such snack items are commonly purchased.

That looks insane...I'm with hedge and SVK.. Samples sound like a good idea. What are you using for casings?

Super Bowl isn't done already? For some reason I thought they did thise in January. I haven't watched one in a good 15 years, don't even have TV.

Latest posts

Back