Carrying a chansaw on a tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nettle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a carrier for their chainsaw mounted on their tractor. Been looking at a carrier from Sawhaul. Maybe worth every penny but seems expensive for what it does.

I have looked at them but like you noted were expensive. I usually just put them in my loader bucket and make sure my bar protector is on. Always take several saws anyways so easier for me to do this.

I built mine so that it hangs in a slot on the back of the rops bar. It was the easiest place to get it out of the way. I can get a 440 with 24” bar in it with no problem anything longer hits the pto shaft. I usually use my 290/390 in the woods with a 20” bar because it is reliable and good size for falling and topping
B9B0A42C-C8DA-4D10-B418-E63B043A3267.jpeg

I've been thinking about something lately, but don't want to tie up the 3PH for that. I've always used the loader bucket, but admit it;s not ideal.

3FEDCCB3-EBC7-4D5E-810C-B67FA2A2CBC3.jpeg EB0CE83F-372C-4F88-9044-F8670DDFEC81.jpeg I made this for my quad. Out if UHMW plastic. Nylon 66 would work well too or a number of types between. Wide enough for a full size bar and the ms170 still doesnt wobble much bombing down a rocky trail. A bungy cord is the only thing i added just to eliminate movement all together. Look up Kolpin. They have a metal one that clamps the bar tight.

The bucket works fine BUT, a fella can forget they're in there. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I'm driving around and decide to push a log or some snow out of the way. Should you happen to forget that there's a saw there, it could be a real bummer.

What kind model JD is that? What kind of tires are on the rear there? Never seen that tread pattern for a tractor tire.

It’s a 2019 2025r. It’s been an awesome machine for managing my 10 acres. Tires are Galaxy Garden Pro R3+ which were a must have for me. They are available as an option on all 2 series Deere tractors. There’s something very similar that just came out for the 1 series.

It’s a 2019 2025r. It’s been an awesome machine for managing my 10 acres. Tires are Galaxy Garden Pro R3+ which were a must have for me. They are available as an option on all 2 series Deere tractors. There’s something very similar that just came out for the 1 series.
Nice.

My set up. Basket for tools, wedges, axe, mix, oil, etc. Rack for two saws and chaps. Hold down for saws is a work in progress. Right now strapped at the rear handle. Kicking around some ideas for the bar as the saws get jostled quite a bit.

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

Ron

I put side racks on my cub cadet yard trailer with a wood shelf in the front over the hitch. I bored three slots so I could carry my 385/575/353 saws with me.

After 6 years, I FINALLY got around to making a holster for my saw. I will edit the post to add pics. They're on a device with a crappy keyboard. Anyway, I wanted it on the side with the steps, but not in the way. The loader post seemed like the obvious choice. It's just a cutoff from a laminated 6x6 post. I made a hanger on the back so the weight is supported and then there's 4 "locating screws" to hold it in place side to side against the pillar. A ratchet strap to hold it all tight. Finally, with a little bit of scrap material I added holders for an axe and a wedge. I like having at least one wedge in my back pocket when I'm cutting, but I don't like them there when I'm in the tractor seat, so I put it here.

Should have done this a LONG time ago!

P_20200106_103957_LL.jpg P_20200106_103837_LL.jpg P_20200106_103852_LL.jpg P_20200106_103912_LL.jpg

My solution-
Just made this one for Myrtle. My 8NView attachment 785569

That's pretty much how I carry mine on my 800 Ford, only mine is bolted to the left side of the hood near the air cleaner and to a 1/2' bolt meant to mount an implement to the lower part of the engine block. My carrier is just 2 pieces of 1/2" plywood with a 3/4" spacer between them.

Latest posts

Back