Cast Iron Cookware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did bacon and eggs in the oven this morning! Used my Griswald.

884E2152-6A56-4BB0-AFB6-83B8EA7417B5.jpeg
E2097C11-AAF9-43FD-85C9-68738C997BBC.jpeg

That’s a beauty. I have one Wagner, two Griswolds, a couple BSR and several “lesser” brands.

The Walmart house brand pans are less than 10 bucks apiece and can get someone into the addiction for very little.

Yes it’s an addiction. Just like saws lol.
Definitely can be addictive, I started out with a couple new lodge pans and a new Dutch oven for cooking when I was a bachelor. I found that Wagner griddle at an old hardware store for $40 and got hooked. Now whenever the wife wants to look around antique stores I am on the hunt for old cast iron pans. Better than being bored and disinterested in her activities. I say “sure honey let’s go” with a smile “maybe I can find a cool pan!”

It’s easier to hide extra saws in the garage than extra pans in the kitchen though. Lol.
Pans aren’t a problem with the wife, other then where she’s going to have room for new “finds” in the kitchen. Saws she knew about in a, yeah he’s got a few small ones and it’s normal. Then I bought one from a member here and it wasn’t a big deal until she asked what I spent. The truth will set you free they say, bs I say. She wasn’t pissed, just thinks I should have old cast iron pan addiction instead of chainsaw addiction. $40 or $60 here and there is way cheaper in her mind than me dropping $600-$1500 here and there! I spoil her so she doesn’t get to upset, but she just knows me all to well and doesn’t want me to go over board. I’m going to a shop I’ve never been to after work tomorrow and see if they have any cool pans. Like a treasure hunt, never know what your going to find!

A couple weeks ago I was in a shop and I saw a cast iron tea kettle, it had The Wagner Sydney O on the kettle lid but there was no marking in the kettle itself. $50 but I passed cause I was really unsure if they went together and I didn’t have my phone to look it up. Just now remembered it. Looked cool and would have been a nice addition to the collection but I would like my stuff to be the real deal. Has anyone seen a Wagner tea kettle before?

Griddle :))
2fc25710826bb9c937e9ef355fd61956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful.

I passed up a rectangular Griswold griddle this summer. It was at a flea market for 25 bucks in a small town festival and I found it at about 9 am. Didn’t want to carry it around all day so I figured I’d get it on my way out. Yeah it was gone.

Beautiful.

I passed up a rectangular Griswold griddle this summer. It was at a flea market for 25 bucks in a small town festival and I found it at about 9 am. Didn’t want to carry it around all day so I figured I’d get it on my way out. Yeah it was gone.

I've made this mistake before as well.

Now I typically give the guy something down and ask him to hold it for me and I'll pay the rest when I get it before I leave. 99% of the time they'll do this, sometimes they'll hold it to the end of the day for free. Most times they want some sort of non-refundable down, sometimes they want full price, just depends on the guy.

Beautiful.

It’s definitely got some weight

Again that is a great spread. There is a group on FB called "Cast Iron Cooking" and some of the members could identify make and model of every pan you have there just by looking at the shape of the handle.

Thank you. I’ll check it out

cooked some lamb chops in my tall small cast iron pot (fry pan to me) prob 6" maybe 7.... one heck of a cooking surface. :) used couple tablespoons olive oil... made nice broth. it will go into broth I have set aside out in other refer... to make up some homemade gravy tomorrow. chops melt in mouth perfect. real tender. med rare/med range
P7150012.JPG
P7150018.JPG

cooked some delicious, tender NY Strip tonite in one of my stove cast iron fry pans. 8 on the handle, and measures 8" in the bottom, 10" across the top. usually I add some oil to heat up hot before placing meat in the pan. tonite I set the fat side down on hot dry surface. caramel'd up real nice. golden brown. in pix renderings look solid, but they are cooking and pan is really hot! had a swell, tasty oven baked spud to go with it, and a whole mess of fresh garden peas from the garden. great meal!!!

P7190002.JPG
P7190003.JPG
P7190001.JPG

Latest posts

Back