cat d3b engine options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew about the liners and fixing the block should be easy. I was hesitant putting money into an engine that seems prone to throwing rods. 4bt would be a great upgrade! Those are good engines and plentiful. Should be able get one of those from the local bus yard for a grand or so. Any idea who the company is that has the kit....I searched and couldn't find anything on Google
Did u ever find outhe the company that make a kit to change out the 3204 to the Cummings engine if so please let me know I have same problem & refuse to put a boat ankle back in this equipment.

Did u ever find out which company make kit to change the 3204 to a Cummings. I have same problem with 953 drop a valve put hole in piston wall not outside of block. I rather put something in it more affordable that will hold up.

If anyone can assist me with company to buy kit from to change from 3204 cat to the Cummings engine in 953 loader please reply.

I work for a cat dealer and to start off the d3b is a good little cat for the size. 3204 aren't terrible. Biggest thing is getting all the air bled out of the coolant system when filling them. Also a good machine shop can install dry sleeves and read hoan. Just be sure to buy a three ring piston not the two ring. Also dry sleeving is a better option the oversize piston. BTW I build engines and fuel systems. Pm if you have any more questons
@huskyslinger My husband has a d3 dozer with a 3204 engine with a rod threw the block, he was wondering if you knew anymore options he could do. If you could reply that would be great! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back