Cat Turbo Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlanticLawn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Our Bandit 1890 has an 06 Cat 140 motor in it. The Turbo is toast and prices I'm gettin from my local bandit guys are pretty steep, like over 3,000. Does anybody have a good source for turbo replacement or rebuild ? Any help or info would be great.

There should be a name plate and number on the turbo. If you can get me that information, I should be able to get you a lot better price. You can also give me the serial number to the engine as well. If you get it to me today, I can have a price for you today.

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Hi Steve,

I'm already working on it and I can save you a lot of money. I'm still doing research and as of right now the price would be $1,800 for a new one. I might be able to better than that after some more research. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Dave
770-420-6400

I just put a new turbo on my Rayco 1672 72hp Deutz.

Try there guys:

Turbo Diesel & Electric Systems
4923 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066
770-424-0330

Ask for Jessica for availability.

Wes is the man for technical questions.

Have your turbo numbers ready.

Hi Del,

I notice that you aren't far from us. I carry many items for your machine. I'm a Green Teeth dealer and I also carry the poly chain belt, bearings, and poly chain sprockets for the RG1672. We also do the repairs to the grinder as well. I have 18 years experience with Rayco and used to work for RZ Zimmerman, if that rings a bell.

Give us a call sometime.

Thanks!

Dave
770-420-6400

It's a Cat which these days means Perkins too and the Part has A Perkins number 2674A225 . Thanks Steve

If that's an accurate part number then there's options. It's a standard garrett turbo, you can go imported probably a chinese clone for around $350
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-GT25...291?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

You could go reman for $13-1600, might be able to dig deeper and find better prices. I've bought reman turbos for around $950 for larger equipment.
You could rebuild it yourself if the wheels and housing weren't damaged, new cartridge kit is around $150-250 depending on the source.
Find a used unit and roll the dice, either it'll be no good but possibly rebuildable or it'll work. Price varies but I wouldn't pay more than $5-600

Thanks to everyone who posted, my partner found one a new Garret about 200 miles away, he jumped in the truck yesterday and it's in the warehouse this morning, got the gaskets etc. Hopefully the install goes smoothly, customers just don't seem to understand delays sometimes. Many thanks to Dave with Global he jumped on sourcing us a new one super fast and Thanks to Del, always great to have extra sources for parts from companies with a good reputation. Also Iron I appreciate the link and the pricing, we may end up lookin to rebuild this one so we have a spare just in case. Once again Thanks to All and I'll update how the rest of the story turns out. Steve

Back