CCW while firewooding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Aid Kit
Hard Hat
Tool Box
Come Along
Shovel
Chain
Pocket Knife
Gloves
Change of Dry Clothes
Snatch Strap
Assorted Fluids for the truck (oil, brake, coolant, etc.)
Eyedrops
Goody's Headache Powders WTF
Water
Firearm

The list goes on quite a ways further.

I could cut wood without any of these or go somewhere to do any other job, but sometimes I need one of these items.

Asking "why do you carry a firearm, what are you afraid of" is no different than asking me why I carry a first aid kit. Remember the Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared";)

BANJOS..................no chainsaw in that list :sucks: or Boy Scout ?:bang:

red_neck_car.jpg

We hear you already. Please keep your Ned Beatty fantasies to yourself.

WTF....WHY boy ?

Rule: You can never be too rich, too thin, have too many saws, have too many fantasies ( WhoTF is "Ned Beatty " :frown: ), or have too many banjos playing in your brain. :msp_w00t:

You don like banjos TP ? :msp_tongue:

Most of my cutting is done on friends land. Take my AR with me, once the tree is on the ground, the truck is nearby.
Oklahoma now allows conceal carry permit holders to open carry, I probably would do that with a retention holster while in the woods. conceal it when I leave the woods.

Most of my cutting is done on friends land. Take my AR with me, once the tree is on the ground, the truck is nearby.
Oklahoma now allows conceal carry permit holders to open carry, I probably would do that with a retention holster while in the woods. conceal it when I leave the woods.
Awesome, Wish they would do that here. Which we can carry open in the woods just not in town or public places.

wow, old thread, but I'll play along.

I carry a G-22 everywhere I go. If I'm going to the true "woods" to cut, and not removing a downed tree from someones front yard, I usually have an AR or 870 in the truck.

Awesome, Wish they would do that here. Which we can carry open in the woods just not in town or public places.

In November, the Ok self defense act got some changes and clarifications. One of those was basically making it legal to print. If I forget to conceal, no big deal anymore.
At the same time, a law went into effect allowing us to use suppressors to hunt our own land :msp_smile:

If it was easy to get a carry lic. in nj i would carry. But its not. So I guess I have to just keep bringing my knife to a gun fight.:msp_smile:

my 44 mag is in the truck at all times wherever i go. its a tad bulky to CC but its always close by. also keep a stainless .17HMR behind the seat. perfect for plinkin and such

Edit: i also have my CCW permit for the state of minnesota and am working on getting the utah so it has the reciprocity in most states

Latest posts

Back