CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in! My new knee is feeling great and that will be 364 days post surgery so it will mean a lot to me. That date is also my late old man's birthday too. I'll have to bring his old McColluch for some top handle fiddling. @James Miller — I have a spare pair of chaps I can bring for you to use. Looking forward to this. Hey, @farmer steve — I brew beer at home, are you OK with me bringing some to share AFTER we're done sawing? If not, no biggie, just thought I'd put it out there.

Count me in! My new knee is feeling great and that will be 364 days post surgery so it will mean a lot to me. That date is also my late old man's birthday too. I'll have to bring his old McColluch for some top handle fiddling. @James Miller — I have a spare pair of chaps I can bring for you to use. Looking forward to this. Hey, @farmer steve — I brew beer at home, are you OK with me bringing some to share AFTER we're done sawing? If not, no biggie, just thought I'd put it out there.

BEER. Did someone say BEER? :rock2:

Take that as a yes.

Take that as a yes.

I always ask first, because some folks just plain don't like alcohol, period. So the last thing I want to do is disrespect the home of the host.

I might do my well-liked Centennial Blonde Ale, it's easy drinking and flavorful, but no too much to turn the average beer drinker away. I tend to make it when we host parties, and every time a 5 gallon keg gets kicked in one day!

I typically shoot for about 4.2% ABV so you can have a few and not have it go to your head.

View attachment 756431 @Multifaceted I failed at the cord wood challenge by using the saw to cut rounds but it's all split by hand. Gotta count for something.

Nice work, brother! I split all of my wood by hand too, mostly saw cut, though. I don't need another machine to maintain, so I refuse to buy a hydro-splitter so long as my hands and back are fit to use. I'd say splitting counts for about 25% of the Cordwood Challenge; 25% is felling then limbing, and 50% or the majority of the work is bucking. Bucking logs with an axe is a whole other animal, can be a great workout, and is fun - at least if you're a glutton for punishment like me! ha ha

There's still time, no need to throw in the towel yet and declare failure. We have until the end of the year. And remember, it's like my momma always told me: "the only failure is not trying". I think it's more commendable to at least try and not complete than to not try at all.

@farmer steve should I save some logs as I work on the place down the road from me. Sounds like there will be a larger group this year.
I think we will be good James. I'll let you know when we are gonna cut the big oak down in the pasture in the next couple of weeks. That should give us some and I have a couple of poplar logs here already.

Latest posts

Back