CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a perfect 20" bar saw, balances well there and has a good power curve, perfect for a firewood saw for most guys I would think. If I was looking for a new saw for firewood, the 462 would be at the top of the list.
I like it with the 20 inch bar but also like that i could throw a 25 on it if needed. Glad you liked it Dustin.

He and I talked about that. I think he believes the loggers were jamming the muffler right up against the trees they were cutting. Never saw anything like it.
It happens to plenty of saws, I've got pics of some of the loose and broken bolt stihls ive worked on. Lost some on my 7910's as well, just different bolts.
To me much of it is abuse and lack of care, but I have no problem admitting some saws are more prone to it than others(this post will self destruct in 10 seconds :laughing:).

462s are very light for their size, and FS had an 20" ES bar on his … the 20" light bars are SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, and (IMO) make the saw handle better for limbing.

I think a lot of the complaints related to 362s were because a lot of them were sold with ES bars, which made them very front heavy (conversely, FS's saw balanced fairly well with the ES bar).

Actual weights: 20" ES - 2 lb 13.5 oz
20" E bar (was on my 362) - 2 lb 3.1 oz
20" ES Light bar (was on my 462) - 2 lb 0.8 oz

Taking 3/4 of a pound off the bar of a saw makes a significant difference in how it feels, handles, and balances.

I'll tell you something else … after removing the muffler cover to vent it on my 462 … the factory mufflers on those saws are not likely to come loose, they install them with some very stiff locktight!

I was afraid I was going to snap a screw, went back and forth with them a bunch of times!

Loose screws add character. Imagine a forum of chainsaw enthusiasts who are sterile in operation, cohesive in opinion, and without error. Sounds boring....
There would be no need for the P&R sub. Yeah, that would suck.

There would be no need for the P&R sub. Yeah, that would suck.

Ha ha, I tend to keep my views to myself these days, unless in close personal conversation. Engaging people on anything but what brought is together has never bode well for me or my participation.

I'll stick to chainsaws, axes, guns, and beer. :)

Latest posts

Back