CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh that 271... thats a good saw if you dont expect much. I have to add to the sig... two 015av's come home with me from the GTG.
I did up a chain for my neighbors grandsons 271, it had no problem pulling a 20" 325 chain, and it sipped fuel, not the worse saw I've ran.
The good thing is you'll never sell it ;).

That is true regarding an 044 vs a 372, but I would not make that bet against a 460 or a good running Hybrid.

Of course, you are welcome to bring one to any GTG I go to and we can compare! At the Upstate NY GTG we had a very hard 18" White Oak cant and were all running 24" Stihl RSL (off the roll square file) chain.

That is true regarding an 044 vs a 372, but I would not make that bet against a 460 or a good running Hybrid.

Of course, you are welcome to bring one to any GTG I go to and we can compare! At the Upstate NY GTG we had a very hard 18" White Oak cant and were all running 24" Stihl RSL (off the roll square file) chain.
I was thinking of racing, 18" hardwood isn't the typical race wood :surprised3:.
How did they compare up there. I wasn't talking about an 044, but a 460, and as I was saying I meant racing.
I don't think I've ever ran a hybrid(so I can't say), but someone may remind me I have :dizzy:, but I have sold a few 460 cylinders to guys building them and I remember that :).

In a softwood cant I believe you would be correct, but all the guys who were running 8 pin rims in that White Oak cant were not pleased that they did. That thing was tough, a real hardwood competition!

Hybrids can run very fast, and often have trouble running out of fuel. I had to put .070 jet carbs on mine. The smaller 440 case acts just like a crank stuffer. They have to be ported just right to have the torque of the ported 460s.

In a softwood cant I believe you would be correct, but all the guys who were running 8 pin rims in that White Oak cant were not pleased that they did. That thing was tough, a real hardwood competition!

Hybrids can run very fast, and often have trouble running out of fuel. I had to put .070 jet carbs on mine. The smaller 440 case acts just like a crank stuffer. They have to be ported just right to have the torque of the ported 460s.
I remember seeing videos in that log, and iirc that was the one they had a list of the times everyone ran.
8 pins don't always help your times in wood that hard with an aggressive chain that's set up for softwood :surprised3:.

Back