Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Officially, "Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012", is SET for March 31,(last Sat.) to avoid any Easter goings-on the following weekend. The address is: 10900 Nash Rd., Chesterfield Va.23838
Dinosaur50 is already hard at work calling his Stihl Timbersports friends who have shown a great deal of interest and some carvers and, in general, some folks you don't see at GTGs usually. But any and all are welcome if they enjoy chainsaws. We plan to have timed cuts, hot dogs and hamburgers, Large wood and small, old saws and new,good looking people and not so very. In short, we will have as much as we can arrange for between now and then! Already we have commitments from people as far away as Georgia! If YOU have comments to make, ideas to bandy about, or suggestions of any kind, we're all ears. We wanna have the biggest and best GTG we can have. If you've never been to one, you need to be at this one. If you're a GTG veteran, you can be of great service to all by attending. But everyone is WELCOME.
Igpoe:cheers:

Dean,

I would love to make the drive out there but the 2100 mile round trip is a bit daunting. It would be nice to come out but by the time I get there all the good saws in VA would be is Saskatchewan.:laugh::laugh:

Bill

so true ihave been talking 2 both lumberjacks and jills and chainsaw carver firends

so true ihave been talking 2 both lumberjacks and jills and chainsaw carver firends as wall at lest thier is going 2 be a few of the lumberjacks and jills thier prolby a few carvers but thier will be some axethrowing some underhandchoping some singel bucking some 2 man sawing and some hotsaw going buy the pros so come out 2 the gtg and check that out also thier going 2 be some big collectors thier and they are mark fay myself david harsh dean coates collier dodson and ernie harris

Dean,

I would love to make the drive out there but the 2100 mile round trip is a bit daunting. It would be nice to come out but by the time I get there all the good saws in VA would be is Saskatchewan.:laugh::laugh:

Bill

I know what you mean, but you're only partially right. I've got a few that SASK. doesn't know about and There are others that will be at the GTG that he could only dream about as they aren't for sale. David Harsh has one of every early Poulan with the exception of a "2400". He has three A900 + A700s. He's lost count of his "52s" and "44s". He's not much for selling, but he might be open to a trade or two. He's also got a Very nice Echo 610EVL. I should have a running IEL SuperTwin and an IEL "M" by then. Come on over, take the train and relax.

i thought 2 add this thier will also be standing block chop 2

i thought 2 add this thier will also be standing block chop 2

A big chainsaw GTG sounds Great! :rock:

Just one question; do you have to have a chainsaw to attend? :msp_tongue:

You don't have to own a saw to attend. But you should be willing to help me run some of my two-mans. If you don't intend to ever own a saw, it may be prudent to stay at home.

Any buildoffs going on? I'd like to make it up. Should'nt be too much of a drive for me. 3-4 hours maybe.

Anthony,
You get one started and we'll have one. I don't even know what a buildoff is. Is that like everyone getting the same saw and modding it to see who's saw cuts fastest? That could be interesting.

Anthony,
You get one started and we'll have one. I don't even know what a buildoff is. Is that like everyone getting the same saw and modding it to see who's saw cuts fastest? That could be interesting.

Yea theres been a few at the last few GTGs. They had the 460 and the 372 at two different buildoffs at Terrys. They just built worksaws and laid out specific few rules. Makes for some good competition usually.

Pretty much, everyone who wants to build one will either bring it or ship it to the GTG. Pretty much any make model of saw you want to go with. I think a 440 buildoff would be cool and theres lots of saws/parts laying around.

Good deal Michael, hope you have a big turnout. I will make it down one of these days!

easy it a bulid off you all use saws you want 2 bulid but rules are it most have

easy it a bulid off you all use saws you want 2 bulid but rules are it most have pipe and run on race fule any moldes brands then we have the pro compectiors judge them and test them fast saw wins

here are the rules for timed cuts wood will be 12 to 18 inchs round compectiors have 6 inces 2 make 3 cuts the cuts will be a down cut a up cut and a down cut all 3 cuts most be complete cookie or if not it will be a dq it will be judge buy pro compectiors as wall

You don't have to own a saw to attend. But you should be willing to help me run some of my two-mans. If you don't intend to ever own a saw, it may be prudent to stay at home.

:rock::blob2::msp_thumbup::biggrin: OK! how many o those two-mans you got? (by the way i do have a saw (balls))

buy the way some of the pro compectiors that will be thier

buy the way some of the pro compectiors that will be thier have been on espn doing it befor we got pros coming form pa va nc wv and maine so come out and see them chop saw and axe throw they will sign autographs 2

Latest posts

Back