Central Va. GTG 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guido Stihl 056

View attachment 289797

Jonathan? McCulloch

View attachment 289798

Cuda J Poulan Model 42

View attachment 289799

Roanoker494 Homelite

View attachment 289800

Get Down!!!! Dean holding the log for someone. Reminds me of going to the grenade range. :)

View attachment 289802

I think thats when that boy (the name escapes me) grounded that d@m chain (40 or so inch bar) from his 125 in the d@m dirt , and then realizing all that brushing up his chain is just around the corner:msp_sad::bang::msp_sad:

david:popcorn:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Igpoe! I have a video of me and Dave sawing with it, but I still ain't smart enough to post it here. My buddy's name is Randy and I caught CAD's from him, but he doesn't own a computer. Sure was good meeting you and all the other folks. NAMETAGS for sure next time!! I was so excited looking at other saws and getting my saws into "REAL' wood, that a lot of opportunities to get to know who's who were missed. Next time!

Cuda J

That saw runnnsss sweet , thank you for letting me run it too!!!!!
Do not see these run this good often , and i watched him first start it , and i will have to say there is a method to his maddness !:cool2:

david

Hi Sawmandave

Ernie would like a 371 power unit , do u know where one is?:biggrin:

Hey had a great time out there with you sawmandave. The Pic of the Group photo the guy took out there is awesome. I am going to scan it and post it.

Weedeaterman.

That saw runnnsss sweet , thank you for letting me run it too!!!!!
Do not see these run this good often , and i watched him first start it , and i will have to say there is a method to his maddness !:cool2:

david

Thanks Dave. I'll have to get our video up so you can translate what all the hand signals meant so I'll know what I was doing wrong...besides forgetting to oil as often as I should. The starting sequence seems to be working with a non functioning primer. 1) open main jet at least a full turn or so. 2) pull starter 3-4 times. 3) turn main jet off completely. 4) Treat it as flooded until saw fires/starts then quickly open the main jet to 3'ish. Works for me!!

I want to thank Ernie and David for all the hard work and effort that they went through for the gtg. It was great to meet so many other saw folk along with some really nice saws and to see an old contact Henry Weedeaterman again. I had hurt my back earlier in the week and thought it best not to run any saws.

So after delivering a Poulan to Guidosalvage and hearing some of them big ol' Poulans run last saturday, yesterday I picked up a non-running Poulan 475 with a 36" bar. It needed new fuel lines and filter and a carb kit. Runs great, sounds NICE! After starting it a few times and cutting a little wild cherry, the starter rope broke. This saw has lots of compression (stinging fingers and a little blood) and I thought about putting an Elastostart handle or a Stihl Rescue saw D-handle on it. I decided to go back with the original pull handle for now. It does have the "green" colored coil wire. Should I replace that with the coil from off of a Husqvarna 55?

So after delivering a Poulan to Guidosalvage and hearing some of them big ol' Poulans run last saturday, yesterday I picked up a non-running Poulan 475 with a 36" bar. It needed new fuel lines and filter and a carb kit. Runs great, sounds NICE!

Bob,

Was that the ad for the Poulan saw with 4' bar? I was not able to catch up with the owner until lunch time today and he told me that he had sold a 475 Pro last night. Glad you got it, you need to post some pictures.

Bob,

Was that the ad for the Poulan saw with 4' bar? I was not able to catch up with the owner until lunch time today and he told me that he had sold a 475 Pro last night. Glad you got it, you need to post some pictures.

Hey Gary, yes, I got it. He thought that the bar was 4' but it is a 3' Oregon bar. I have read on earlier threads that the "green" wire coil is a limited coil and that people say to swap it with a coil off of a Husqvarna 55. ModifiedMark has a couple of them that his tach registered over 17,000 rpm's and he set them at 14,000+.

The front of the cylinder cover is a little melted so I want to find another one and two of the fan housing air intake fins are cracked. The chain adjuster was froze up, and two cover screws were missing.

longbeardva

i just want everyone to know i had a great time at the gtg . my friends and family enjoyed meeting everyone.we thank everyone for coming. i have enjoyed seeing the videos and the pictures.i did not saw alot because i was tired .i enjoyed talking to each one of you.

this is my first post ihope it works.:cheers:

i just want everyone to know i had a great time at the gtg . my friends and family enjoyed meeting everyone.we thank everyone for coming. i have enjoyed seeing the videos and the pictures.i did not saw alot because i was tired .i enjoyed talking to each one of you.

this is my first post ihope it works.:cheers:

It works just fine Ernie.............keep up the good work!
Dean:cheers:

Back