Central Va. GTG 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just want everyone to know i had a great time at the gtg . my friends and family enjoyed meeting everyone.we thank everyone for coming. i have enjoyed seeing the videos and the pictures.i did not saw alot because i was tired .i enjoyed talking to each one of you.

this is my first post ihope it works.:cheers:

This posting on AS gets addictive................

Great meeting you Ernie. I'm looking forward to the next one already.

Hi Dave

I would like to thank everybody that came out and supported a MUCH better GTG than last year.
Ernie and i worked hard (mainly ernie) on this , we sweated on getting wood early on as our wood suplier did not have a job to go to due to so much rain and NO WOOD .:msp_sad:We had to get wood here there and everywhere , but it worked !:msp_biggrin:
We could not ask for a better group of guys to do this with (like family) .
Had some more new faces , couple were not AS. members , but greatful to have everybody , and i thought everybody sawed in a very safe manner!
We have fast growing hobby , and awsome moments like this gtg come and go fast , so post away as we all can ( hopefuly ) be the "must come to show"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ernie has a good support group on the cooking and everything else , events like this are nothing new to ernie as back in the day , he used to be member of the " country boys 4x4 club louisa va."
When he had nitrous mud bog trucks , and they always had a party somewhere !!!!!

GOD BLESS EVERYBODY , hope see everybody next year again:chainsawguy:

david :cheers:

Dave you guys did awesome, I would like to next year camp out and help set and break down. I am here any time these events go on. I as a kid in Wis, we did these types of events with my family all the time. I grew up climbing the trees and topping them and splitting allot of wood when I was young. I miss it and it was a great family day even though your back and legs and arms hurt badly. You did great the food was awesome, the people where awesome and I and Randy had a awesome time. Next time it is a three day for me. My Name might say Weedeaterman, but in my heart and soul I am a saw guy, I had a saw in my hand at age 8 and climbing splitting wood by the time I was 12. I miss it allot! More Pictures to come. I am slow is all! Here is the Black and white one.

Henry, The Weedeaterman.View attachment 289963View attachment 289963View attachment 289963

Last edited:
Hey Gary, yes, I got it. He thought that the bar was 4' but it is a 3' Oregon bar. I have read on earlier threads that the "green" wire coil is a limited coil and that people say to swap it with a coil off of a Husqvarna 55. ModifiedMark has a couple of them that his tach registered over 17,000 rpm's and he set them at 14,000+.

The front of the cylinder cover is a little melted so I want to find another one and two of the fan housing air intake fins are cracked. The chain adjuster was froze up, and two cover screws were missing.[/QCUOTE]

If your going to keep that green coil, it will have to be only tuned in the wood. I strongly advise to just ditch that coil to begin with.

As for rpm's you have to remember, mine were not stock, they had increased compression and modded mufflerz.

You can drill and tap the boss on the 475 cyl and install a decomp, don't know why the factory didn't to begin with.

Nice find BTW.

Repairs

That was the best one yet. Awesome vittles and Ernies saw mill was something else for a city slicker like myself. I can't believe I screwed up my remodel time table at home and had to leave a little early. I really appreciated all of the help from the usual suspects on some saw issues giving me fits. I'd also like to give a shout out thanks to new to me member Henry "Weedeaterman" who really went out of his way to help me finally sort out the nagging fuel delivery issue on my SOLO 642 106cc. I am going to bring make wife down to that neck of the woods for Halifax Co. Heritage Day in May and Field Day in September. We both want to relocate when I leave my job and can't stand Maryland any longer.

Hey Ship[mate get the repairs done on that solo yet?

Henry, The Weedeaterman.

Saw Pic

Hey Gary, yes, I got it. He thought that the bar was 4' but it is a 3' Oregon bar. I have read on earlier threads that the "green" wire coil is a limited coil and that people say to swap it with a coil off of a Husqvarna 55. ModifiedMark has a couple of them that his tach registered over 17,000 rpm's and he set them at 14,000+.

The front of the cylinder cover is a little melted so I want to find another one and two of the fan housing air intake fins are cracked. The chain adjuster was froze up, and two cover screws were missing.[/QCUOTE]

If your going to keep that green coil, it will have to be only tuned in the wood. I strongly advise to just ditch that coil to begin with.

As for rpm's you have to remember, mine were not stock, they had increased compression and modded mufflerz.

You can drill and tap the boss on the 475 cyl and install a decomp, don't know why the factory didn't to begin with.

Nice find BTW.

Hi can I use the moving saw Picture you have posted on my website? I love it!

Henry, The Weedeaterman.

Dave you guys did awesome, I would like to next year camp out and help set and break down. I am here any time these events go on. I as a kid in Wis, we did these types of events with my family all the time. I grew up climbing the trees and topping them and splitting allot of wood when I was young. I miss it and it was a great family day even though your back and legs and arms hurt badly. You did great the food was awesome, the people where awesome and I and Randy had a awesome time. Next time it is a three day for me. My Name might say Weedeaterman, but in my heart and soul I am a saw guy, I had a saw in my hand at age 8 and climbing splitting wood by the time I was 12. I miss it allot! More Pictures to come. I am slow is all! Here is the Black and white one.

Henry, The Weedeaterman.View attachment 289963View attachment 289963View attachment 289963

SHOUT OUT FOR MY FRIEND ARTHUR THAT PIC IS AWSOME , I LOVE IT , THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:msp_thumbup::clap:
I will get mine at the powhatan power show i do each year
All we need is different clothes and flash back to 1940

david :msp_thumbsup:

Picture

SHOUT OUT FOR MY FRIEND ARTHUR THAT PIC IS AWSOME , I LOVE IT , THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:msp_thumbup::clap:

Let it be none was the first one to ask and buy it and Dave he rocks. I love it. His check is in the mail already!

Henry, The Weedeaterman.

Pic

Hey everyone he didn't ask for any money, but he earned it in my feelings. Ask me and I will end his email and get one for yourself.

Arthur Jenkins is his name

Henry, The Weedeaterman

It was awesome that we had retro saws and retro photography equipment to go along with it. What a great combo. David, tell Arthur it was on pleasure to meet and talk photography stuff with him. I only wish that I would have made it there early enough to be in the photo. Better luck next time.

Justin

hey fellas,
was wondering if any of you guys i met at the gtg are close to lake anna (429 cooke lane) and could helpa guy out ??
were gonna be at lake anna for a few days starting july 7th, and don't wanna be hauling firewood from here to there..
so i was wondering if anybody close by would be willing to sell me/us some wood for the fire pit ??
it don't have to be real close by either, were all up for a road trip to pick some up..
thanks, chuck

I'm somewhere around an hour north of the lake, depending on what side your on. How much wood do you need? Which way are you coming down?

hi thomas,
were coming 81 south to 66 to 17 to 522, but, were gonna be packed full on the way down... (leaving soon)
any chance ya wanna pm me your phone # ??
thanks, chuck

Back