Chain brake handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde85

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hello all I am new here. I think I have finally found the right forum. I have acquired a 61 Husqvarna that I believe to be a 1988 that is missing all of the brake parts out off the clutch cover. It is a grey top with a black serial tag. Serial number 8120554. I was wondering if you knowledgeable people would know which of the chain brakes should be on this saw. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

88 was the last year of the metal brake handle on the 61, but it's a rare bird to find in decent shape. Aftermarket ones are available for 40 bucks are so complete.

Attachments

• HUSI1988_AAaa_I8800022_.pdf
    278 KB · Views: 9
Thank you so much for all the the great information. I was going to do a 272 upgrade but I think I am going to put it back to stock. I acquired this one and a 350 for 30 dollars Canadian. Both are sick though.

My classic anniversary 61 brake handle and brake assembly was messed up but good by the original owner. I replaced it with an aftermarket assembly. It worked:
Husqvarna 61 Classic.JPG
Nice saw, but my lighter 257 will stay even with it. The faster saw is always the one with the sharper chain.

That's a nice saw. My old man has had a 257 for years and is still running it. It's his only saw. He bought it new when his old 920 burned up. I was about ten at the time. I'm 35 now. I just put a cs 2150 together that I am going to give him for a second saw. He is 62 now lives 7 hours away and alown.

I have a cs 2145 ,2150,520spx2,116 Sachs,350 husky, ms250c, and a ms 260. The sthils are new to me but I think I am going to like them the 250 will out cut every one but the 260. Wich is good for what it is.

Back