• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman ben

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
what you got for chain breaker / spinner, I'm into it, want to get into making my own chain and save some money. thanks guys.

for someone who isn't a professional cutter the combo breaker/spinner on ebay works pretty decent for the few chains a year they will break. i used a punch and a hammer for years.

for someone who isn't a professional cutter the combo breaker/spinner on ebay works pretty decent for the few chains a year they will break. i used a punch and a hammer for years.
Ah so that combo one isn't that great eh? I that's what I was just looking at, looked sturdy in the pics lol. The stihl seperate one is about $50 more maybe that's the way to go?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

no, i like the combo one on ebay. many whine about the wheels not lining up but it really doesn't matter just to spin rivets. i have one but i rigged it and a vice on a hitch mounted post for the truck when working jobs away from home. i traded for a cast foley set from a member here and wouldn't have it any other way. the old cast sets are the best available IMO. what you do for work Ben? i see you say long shifts in your 461 thread. you must be doing fall and burn? the 461 looks to have been doing some fall and burn work judging by the black grime on it.

Fall and burn in the winter yea, glading heli ski runs in the summers, where there is a lot of balsam, which is what's on the saw balsam pitch, also forest fire fighting, falling danger trees for parks canada, all over the place really

so you must be an enform faller? thought you told me you were wanting to get certified but weren't?

Oh hey Bill, sorry didn't catch that first reply. What you got and how much you want for them and where are you located?

I have a cast Herr breaker and spinner. The breaker needs a anvil and a handle. I have just used a 3/8 extension for a handle years. The location is Illinois. Price is dependent on shipping costs

Back