Chain Comes Loose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, quantity wins over qualty these days. Maybe the union IS some good these days.
JSUP, I think you knew the answer to this when you posted, just wanted a wingman.
I'm with you.
Help is just cutting whatever and however. They just get a check on Friday. If they blew out the oil grooves in the bar rails like they should after cutting shrubs and stumps, they PROBABLY wouldnt be coming to see you. If somebody took the repair cost for their disregard out or their checks every week, I bet they would be more careful, and you would be less busy.

I had an idea, but I don't have enough experience with chainsaws specifically. The engine part is easy, they're pretty much all the same. It's the chainsaw specific aspects I'm not 100% on, so I'd rather ask a question than screw something up.

I'll add one more possibility from personal experience. Are they using genuine bar oil or straight motor oil? The former has tackifier to help keep it on the bar. I used straight motor oil for a long time (drained from cans when changing oil, so it was free) and always had to keep tightening the chain when I cut. No problem with the same saw since I switched to bar oil.

In addition to the potential issues that have been mentioned, the owner has probably been tightening the chain without lifting the bar. That alone goes a long way in keeping the chain tight.

This was my First thought, my Husky 23 Compact top handle used have chain tension issues too, then I was talking to a logger, and he suggested putting a block of wood under the bar nose, to lift it when tensioning the chain, Problem SOLVED!!! Thank You:):):)

Then I looked in a manual, and there it was in the manual about supporting the bar nose when tensioning the chain, Dayum Imagine THAT, Who'd thunk to look in the manual???? doesn't Husqvarna KNOW that 103% of chainsaw users are MEN, and we don't read manuals;):surprised3::):):):laughing:

Doug :cheers:

Back