Chain saw manufacturers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get quick parts for my name brand half the time, why would I buy POS ftrom who knows where?

A lot of people price shop. The huztl/farmtec saws have a following on Facebook. One guy rebuilt his top end times. That feedback sounds like a quality saw. Glad I stayed with the Swedish huskys and real stihls. Glad you guys here talked me out of getting one.

I’m known for getting new stuff that’s garbage. Most of the time I have problems with everything I purchase. I’m cursed. Never a problem with new husky saws. But I do have a local dealer who gives excellent service and support. Sears couldn’t find the correct handles for a new wheelbarrow. Costco threw a tire at me, they were over loaded with work,

People depending on their saws will probably not buy a 2nd cheapo saw for getting work done after the 1st one breaks... at least nor for a while to come.
However, some of the mainstream brands are not what they used to be quality-wise (mind you, not performance-wise - modern saws outperform most older saws in power-weight ratio and speed/output power).

I’ve never seen one of Chinese saws in person but I’ve seen videos and reviews on those internets. I have worked on Chinese generators and Predator branded engines and they were obviously not a Honda but they seem to work pretty well.

I would probably be more inclined to buy one of the clones before I bought one of the Poulans, McCullochs, Craftsman’s, Jonsereds, and Ryobis that are built by Husqvarna and MTD.

If I was needing a new saw I would definitely buy an Echo. But if I was a guy looking for a saw to clean up storm damage a Chinese saw would be cheaper and probably at least as good as the Husky and MTD saws from the box stores.

I have to admit though that I am curious enough about the Chinese saws that I might order one just to see how well it works. It might make a good loaner saw. I can’t imagine that they aren’t better than cheap box store saws. I don’t allow those into my shop anymore. They are a black hole of which I will no longer get sucked into.

If I was needing a new saw I would definitely buy an Echo. But if I was a guy looking for a saw to clean up storm damage a Chinese saw would be cheaper and probably at least as good as the Husky and MTD saws from the box stores.

I have to admit though that I am curious enough about the Chinese saws that I might order one just to see how well it works. It might make a good loaner saw. I can’t imagine that they aren’t better than cheap box store saws. I don’t allow those into my shop anymore. They are a black hole of which I will no longer get sucked into.

Just go pick one up at Lowe's since that is what mtd is selling now under craftsman and Remington labels.

Just go pick one up at Lowe's since that is what mtd is selling now under craftsman and Remington labels.
I’m pretty sure the Craftsman is Husky. I have no idea who makes the Remington. The majority of those saws are Husky. As I recall, only the ones that have an EZ start type of recoil are made by MTD. I have no interest in any of them. I was referring to the import saws that this thread is about. I would give one of those a whirl before I bought one of the Husky or MTD saws and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are better.

Not that I need one. lol

I’m pretty sure the Craftsman is Husky. I have no idea who makes the Remington. The majority of those saws are Husky. As I recall, only the ones that have an EZ start type of recoil are made by MTD. I have no interest in any of them. I was referring to the import saws that this thread is about. I would give one of those a whirl before I bought one of the Husky or MTD saws and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are better.

Not that I need one. lol

Husqvarna was selling the 445 as the craftsman ""professional"" line and poulan saws under the craftsman name but that went away when Lowe's bought craftsman. It's actually an improvement from my experience.

2200W-20-Gasoline-Chainsaw-Wood-Cutting-Machine-52CC-Petrol-Chainsaw-Professional-Woodworking-...jpg51aYfnKs8+L._AC_SY355_.jpg

Isn’t there already a thread just like this?:sucks:

We've only had ten this week...
tenor.gif

Back