chain saw mills

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan R

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
any of the 100.00 chain saw mills on e bay any good, they all look the same ,I just want to mill a few trees, thanks

Someone asked the same question few days a ago. If you scroll down, it had some responses. Apparently there are some issues withe the cheaper mills.

Havent had any problems with my Aliexpress one. You will easily mill a few trees before you have any wear/tear issues.

I would recommend the Granbergs, you won't regret it - that's actually based on experience.
You might not regret anything else either - cuts your wood just as well, it's just better and more accurate with a CNC made bracket and proper attachments.
- Do you see any difference in the milled wood -no, is the guide bar happier being straight than forced in to an "s" shape - I guess so.

I have a 36" ebay model. It took a bit of tweaking to get it just right. The scales were off on the two legs that hold the bar to the frame. I use a tape measure anyway so that wanst a big deal. Biggest gripe I had was the tension bolts for the legs were junk. But that was a trip to the hardware store and back at it again. I dont use my mill as much as some, but it works when I have need of it.

I would recommend the Granbergs, you won't regret it - that's actually based on experience.
You might not regret anything else either - cuts your wood just as well, it's just better and more accurate with a CNC made bracket and proper attachments.
Couldn’t agree more, I’ve even added a few extras to stiffen up my 48” Alaskan.
Did it need it ? No.
Did it make it even stiffer ? Yes

1F51CD55-F548-4852-BED1-281178398CA3.jpeg

The Grandberg is deff a better mill. Just that in Aus we get ‘rodgered’ pretty good on pricing hence my Chinese mill. The long nuts dont fit any spanners i own and the spanner was laughable. I replaced these with std 13mm nuts and spacers.

Flex? Not seeing it with a 32” bar of course so it works fine.

63451FA5-FD44-43AA-9694-FFC1EF465FA0.jpeg

The Grandberg is deff a better mill. Just that in Aus we get ‘rodgered’ pretty good on pricing hence my Chinese mill. The long nuts dont fit any spanners i own and the spanner was laughable. I replaced these with std 13mm nuts and spacers.

Flex? Not seeing it with a 32” bar of course so it works fine.

View attachment 840917
The "long nuts" are 13mm or Husky scrench size ............. yours are different ?

View attachment 842335

I rather like this idea. Holes in the bar, and a nice straight board. Clean and simple, easy to adjust to exact amounts. Probably cost $10.
Just needs an additional oiler.

Josh, when I hit the like button, that meant I liked you, not they guy sitting on the cant. I think Daninvan started with a home made mill with spacers he could take out to get the common widths he needed. Sure miss those pics of the milling beach, hope he is doing well.

Latest posts

Back